Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP

I started getting involved in HL7 a few years ago, and had a terible time finding any good self study materials. I wound up with HL7connect, and have 2 inbound, and 3 outbound interfaces. the product was fairly inexpensive, but I have had a very tough time crafting solutions to my problems. I am currently looking at NeoIntegrate, but management is not fond of the price. Any advice for a novice like me would be greately appreciated.

Also, I am trying to code a fix for a problem, and the recieving system support folks act like I am crazy when I ask if they could not help resolve this on their end. I realy don't know what is normal, so maybe someone here can shed a little light on it for me.

I am sending this system results messages. They contain a Radiology report. The report body exists in OBX segments that repeat as needed to hold the volume of the report. The way my RIS sends the messages does not cause any problem for my engine, and I therefore do not make any changes (other than a few things related to procedure codes, but those are not the problem). Some of these OBX segements are fairly long (some over 450 characters). The vendor on the recieving end says that they cannot accept a string length that exceeds 200 characters, and that this is not something that will change. I have been trying to programatically split these long segments, create the new segments to hold the split off portion, etc. What I am ending up with is a report that sometimes looks very odd as far as formatting goes when it is viewed in the recieving EMR system.

Is it normal to have a hard coded limitation this short for OBX segments?
    If it is what is good solution fix these segments? I tried looking for patterns that would inidcate an end of sentence, and then found out I have doctors that can write a sentence 385 characters long. I then tried to find good locations between words to split, but I am having problems with the ocasional text that looks like:

blah blah blah blah blah
    blah
    blah blah blah blah.

I am pretty sure it is mostly due to the fact that I am not a programer by profession, I have picked up a few scripting skills, but I am out of my depth.

any way, , , , , HELP PLEASE, ALL ADVICE GLADLY ACCEPTED.

JAY

Re:HELP

What EMR system are you sending to?
    Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!
    http://consultzen.com/careers/
    Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
    Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.

Comment

Working...
    X