Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to delete files that are sent to the destination ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to delete files that are sent to the destination ?

Morning gents,

Is there someone can help/tell me how to delete only files that are successfully sent to the destination ? Maybe I can do it with postprocessor script, but how ?

Thank you in advance for your answers and helps… Script examples are welcome

Rgds,
    C3G

Here's a quick script I threw together in the post-processor.

Code:
    var File = java.io.File;
    if (FileUtil.deleteFile(new File($('FilePathAndName')))) {
        logger.error("File successfully deleted.");
    }
    else {
        logger.error("File could not be deleted.");
    }
    This should delete the file from the path and name given. The file path and name need to be put into a variable before the post-processor is run.

Comment

Hi mbellio,

First, thank you for your fast reply.

I tried to add your script into the post-processor of my channel, but it doesn't work.

As mentionned, I created a variable "FilePathAndName" where I pass the path and the file name as below :

- //server_name/share$/folder/file_name.pdf
      I also tried with the syntax below :
      - \\server_name\share$\folder\file_name.pdf

But without success

Did I forget something ?? Or done something wrong ??

Just for more information, currently my source channel use SMB protocol, but I have also another channel that use FTP protocol.

Thank you in advance for your help...

Regards,
      C3G

Comment

I haven't worked with SMB before so my help from here on will be somewhat limited, but here is a post I found that includes a function which tries to connect to and read from a SMB filesystem.
        http://www.mirthcorp.com/community/f...31&postcount=5

I've also found the fisheye link for SmbFileConnection, which includes a function to delete a file.

http://www.mirthcorp.com/community/f...on.java?r=7707

One last thing. I should have noted this before, but I forgot about it. The postprocessor will run whether or not the message is successful or not. You could create a Javascript destination which checks the previous destinations messages. Here's a quick way to check the previous destinations:

Code:
        if ($('d5').toString().indexOf('SENT') != -1)
        	logger.error("Sent successfully. Do all neccessary deletion here");
        else
        	logger.error("Destination not succcessful. Don't do anything.");
        $('d5') is the destination which you are looking for. You can drag over the destination you want to check from the box on the right of the javascript editor.
        Hopefully those 2 links can lead you in the right direction (or maybe someone else can help you out here).
        Last edited by mbellio; 07-20-2015, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Are the two of you discussing deleting files from the destination itself, or deleting files from the source once you know they've reached the destination?

Comment

Morning Gents,

@mbellio : Thank you again for your help. I will investigate this solution, but it seems to me quite heavy to run, however, for the moment I found a workaround with symbolic links. (one on SMB and one on FTP). Now from Mirth I work directly with symbolic links.

For deletion of destination files I use the following command :

Code:
            var del=new java.io.File($('File_Path_And_Name_File'));
            del['delete']();
            @clinjohn : The purpose is to delete files that are filtered in source and after been proceeded on destination. Do you have any recommendation on this way.

Best regards,
            C3G

Comment

I guess I'm wondering why you want to use Javascript or Java code for this. Can't you simply choose the Delete option for "After Processing Action" in the channel's Source configuration?

I did myself recently run into a situation where I was trying to send files from one source to multiple destinations, with different files going to specific destinations at different intervals. I found that "After Processing Action" moved or deleted all the files that happened to be in its directory when any of them got sent. But I solved that by dividing my original channel into multiple channels, each with the same source but only one of the original destinations.

Comment

Hi clinjohn,

I cannot use "After Processing Action" because I use a filter.

In my source, I search all *.pdf files, but I apply a filter to select only files with specific criteria before to send to destination.

With "After Processing Action" it will delete all the *.pdf files. And in my case I want to delete only files that are filtered on the destination.

Rgds,
                C3G

Comment

Do your filter based on file names key words?

Comment

Hi Flyerman,

No, is based on directories, because in the source I use the option "Include All Subdirectories".

Rgds,
                    C3G

Comment

Working...
                    X