HL7 2.2 - Multiple Message Segments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL7 2.2 - Multiple Message Segments

I have searched for an answer to this question before posting but have so far found nothing...

I am attempting to parse a HL7 v2.2 document. The document contains multiple MSH segments (and the related data for each). Can you tell me the best way to parse such a document so that the data for each message is inserted into a database (the parsing is my issue, not the insert).

I'm guessing I need a transformer with a while loop which splits the document for each message and passes those to a separate channel. This seems like a lot of work for what appears to be an inherent task....is there a more straightforward way than this??

Thank you
    Jason

Re:HL7 2.2 - Multiple Message Segments

If I understand your question you are having difficulty reading the XML so that you can then load it into your DB. I have the code that will do just that. It's just uses a standard Java-XML API - Stax for example. Is this your problem? Let me know.

Comment

I don't mean to sound dense, but isn't that what "batch mode" is for?

Comment

r_kerry and javarunner, thank you for your responses.

i believe r_kerry may be onto something. i have never attempted to use batch mode as, frankly (without disrespect to the development team), sometimes it is difficult to find a good source of documentation on mirth. the app is awesome, but for new guys like me most of my learning is done through the forums.

i will post back my findings and again really appreciate your input
        Jsdon

Comment

Yes, batch mode is what you want and no disrespect taken - docs are missing and we're working hard. Every release of Mirth brings an exponential amount of changes to the docs, so we're always a step behind.
          Chris Lang

Comment

Working...
          X