Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

HL7 2.2 - Multiple Message Segments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL7 2.2 - Multiple Message Segments

I have searched for an answer to this question before posting but have so far found nothing...

I am attempting to parse a HL7 v2.2 document. The document contains multiple MSH segments (and the related data for each). Can you tell me the best way to parse such a document so that the data for each message is inserted into a database (the parsing is my issue, not the insert).

I'm guessing I need a transformer with a while loop which splits the document for each message and passes those to a separate channel. This seems like a lot of work for what appears to be an inherent task....is there a more straightforward way than this??

Thank you
    Jason

Re:HL7 2.2 - Multiple Message Segments

If I understand your question you are having difficulty reading the XML so that you can then load it into your DB. I have the code that will do just that. It's just uses a standard Java-XML API - Stax for example. Is this your problem? Let me know.

Comment

I don't mean to sound dense, but isn't that what "batch mode" is for?

Comment

r_kerry and javarunner, thank you for your responses.

i believe r_kerry may be onto something. i have never attempted to use batch mode as, frankly (without disrespect to the development team), sometimes it is difficult to find a good source of documentation on mirth. the app is awesome, but for new guys like me most of my learning is done through the forums.

i will post back my findings and again really appreciate your input
        Jsdon

Comment

Yes, batch mode is what you want and no disrespect taken - docs are missing and we're working hard. Every release of Mirth brings an exponential amount of changes to the docs, so we're always a step behind.
          Chris Lang

Comment

Working...
          X