Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Less than symbol in HL7 message causing error.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Less than symbol in HL7 message causing error.

Is Mirth able to handle less than symbol "<" in HL7 messages? I am using Mirth 1.7 and when a HL7 message is received with a "<" symbol this causes Mirth to error and not pass the message. Tested by removing the "<" symbol and Mirth had no problem after removing the "<" from the message. Is this suppose to happen?

Re:Less than symbol in HL7 message causing error.

I'm having exactly the same problem. < and > signs should be transformed into &amp;lt; and &amp;gt;

I managed to solve the problem with this preprocessing script:

Code:
    var messg=message;
    messg=messg.replace(/</g,"& lt;");
    messg=messg.replace(/>/g,"& gt;");
    return messg;
    (without the spaces after the ampersand)

Post edited by: Bleupomme, at: 02/07/2008 05:29

Comment

Try turning on "encode entities" in the Properties (transformer or filter)
      Chris Lang

Comment

Chris,
        Where exactly do you turn on ""encode entities" in the Properties (transformer or filter)". I do not see where to do this. No filter or transformer is created on the source. This problem seems to occur at the source before it goes to the destinations. I am sure that the other post to do the replacing in the preprocessor would work, but this was not a problem in the 1.6 version.

I found under source transformer/message templates tab/properties button the "encode entities" and it now works.
        Thank you.

Post edited by: dbilbo, at: 04/04/2008 06:52

Comment

Working...
        X