Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Less than symbol in HL7 message causing error.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Less than symbol in HL7 message causing error.

    Is Mirth able to handle less than symbol "<" in HL7 messages? I am using Mirth 1.7 and when a HL7 message is received with a "<" symbol this causes Mirth to error and not pass the message. Tested by removing the "<" symbol and Mirth had no problem after removing the "<" from the message. Is this suppose to happen?

  • #2
    Re:Less than symbol in HL7 message causing error.

    I'm having exactly the same problem. < and > signs should be transformed into &amp;lt; and &amp;gt;

    I managed to solve the problem with this preprocessing script:

    Code:
    var messg=message;
    messg=messg.replace(/</g,"& lt;");
    messg=messg.replace(/>/g,"& gt;");
    return messg;
    (without the spaces after the ampersand)

    Post edited by: Bleupomme, at: 02/07/2008 05:29

    Comment


    • #3
      Re:Less than symbol in HL7 message causing error.

      Try turning on "encode entities" in the Properties (transformer or filter)
      Chris Lang

      Comment


      • #4
        Re:Less than symbol in HL7 message causing error.

        Chris,
        Where exactly do you turn on ""encode entities" in the Properties (transformer or filter)". I do not see where to do this. No filter or transformer is created on the source. This problem seems to occur at the source before it goes to the destinations. I am sure that the other post to do the replacing in the preprocessor would work, but this was not a problem in the 1.6 version.


        I found under source transformer/message templates tab/properties button the "encode entities" and it now works.
        Thank you.

        Post edited by: dbilbo, at: 04/04/2008 06:52

        Comment

        Working...
        X