Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sending an acknowledge from TCP channel

Hi,

I'm trying to receive messages from an AS/400 machine via socket. This system is waiting for an "OK" string after sending me the message. I created two channels, one for message receiving, and another only for sending the "OK" string. I deployed both channels but unfortunately source system ever responds "KO" because it doesn't received my previous OK and it sends same message again.

At this point, two questions: anyone could tell me if this system could work? (remember that I must receive messages and send the responses on the same port, 11008). On the other side, anyone could address me to any tool for test my system? I tried to use HL7 Inspector without success, it must be something much more simpler.

Thanks for your help,

Ricard Bernat

Re:sending an acknowledge from TCP channel

HI,

after a lot of time debugging I found this line in mirth.log:

INFO 2008-02-04 12:26:59,562 [95e71d8b-1e6a-4617-8681-4b5d03afa59c_source_connector._tcpEndpoint#-1268526904.receiver.3] preprocessor: 0OK00

It seems that response is sent to preprocessor step used for transforming fixed length string to an XML message and not to the client. As you can see "OK" string is logged but I never pretend that. I think that preprocessing and "acknowledgeing" are executed at different times.

Any clues?,

Ricard Bernat

Post edited by: ricber, at: 02/04/2008 05:30

Comment

Hi,

after changing from LLP sender to TCP sender I received same msg in mirth.log:

INFO 2008-02-04 15:21:30,000 [95e71d8b-1e6a-4617-8681-4b5d03afa59c_source_connector._tcpEndpoint#-333898752.receiver.3] preprocessor: OK

At this point, is possible that those responses only appear in logs and is not published through the channel?. I'm reading logs from receiving channel and it doesn't appear any trace of "OK"

Any hints?

Ricard Bernat

Comment

In this case you want to use the PostProcessor - do something like this:

Code:
        responseMap.put("Destination 1", ResponseFactory.getSuccessResponse('OK'))
        Now this is assuming your Destination is called "Destination 1" - change the responseMap.put to use whatever you name your Destination.

Next in the TCP Listener, choose "Destination 1" in the "Respond From" dropdown.
        Chris Lang

Comment

Richer,
          can post the code you are using? I have the same issue.

Thanks
          kew98

Comment

Richer,
            can post the code you are using? I have the same issue.

Thanks
            kew98

Comment

Was this issue resolved? I'm having problems sending a custom ACK to a TCP listener as well and would be interested in knowing how others are handling this.

Thanks.

Jonah

Comment

Working...
              X