Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Incorrect username or password" after reboot (3.x)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Incorrect username or password" after reboot (3.x)

Hi folks!

I'm facing a big problem at customer site. After a reboot we were no longer able to login. Message: "Incorrect username or password". I can confirm that there was no password changing in the meantime.

Is there a possibility for a password reset in the Version 3.03.7171?

Thank you very much in advance for you help!

Greetings!
    Leonardo

Originally posted by Leonardo View Post
    Hi folks!

I'm facing a big problem at customer site. After a reboot we were no longer able to login. Message: "Incorrect username or password". I can confirm that there was no password changing in the meantime.

Is there a possibility for a password reset in the Version 3.03.7171?

Thank you very much in advance for you help!

Greetings!
    Leonardo
    First, make sure that you're still pointed to the database you think you are. Passwords do not "just change", unless someone changed them.

If need be, you can reset the admin password to "admin" by doing this update in the database:

Code:
    UPDATE PERSON_PASSWORD SET PASSWORD = 'YzKZIAnbQ5m+3llggrZvNtf5fg69yX7pAplfYg0Dngn/fESH93OktQ==' WHERE PERSON_ID = 1;
    Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
    Work: 949-237-6069
    Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
    - You just bar.

Comment

I totally agree with you that passwords don't just change
      But I'm 100% sure that nobody of the involved person knows how to change the password for Mirth. Could it be caused by a kind of database overload?

Because it was an emergency I had to reinstall our software-suite immediately again. Mirth is enbedded and runs on a shared database and I don't know where the password is stored there. I can't find any "PERSON_PASSWORD" table

Anyway, thank you very much for your answer, maybe this post can help to solve further cases...

Comment

Originally posted by narupley View Post
        Code:
        UPDATE PERSON_PASSWORD SET PASSWORD = 'YzKZIAnbQ5m+3llggrZvNtf5fg69yX7pAplfYg0Dngn/fESH93OktQ==' WHERE PERSON_ID = 1;
        Hi there, if possible I would like to know whats crypto is it (YzKZIAnbQ5m+3llggrZvNtf5fg69yX7pAplfYg0Dngn/fESH93OktQ==)

thanks for help changing the password

Comment

By default Mirth Connect uses SHA-256 for the digest algorithm, but you can change that in mirth.properties by setting "digest.algorithm" if you really want to. That string is a salted hash from the password "admin". Really it's the salt concatenated with the hash, and then Base64 encoded.
          Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
          Work: 949-237-6069
          Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
          - You just bar.

Comment

thanks

Comment

THANK YOU!!!

I had a test environment running and forgot the password. You saved me hours of rewriting the test channels I did not have a chance to backup.

Originally posted by narupley View Post
              First, make sure that you're still pointed to the database you think you are. Passwords do not "just change", unless someone changed them.

If need be, you can reset the admin password to "admin" by doing this update in the database:

Code:

Comment

Working...
              X