Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flexible DICOM Router

hi,

I've set Mirth up as a DICOM router and it's working nicely. However, i'd like to set the outbound AE title of Mirth to match what is in the DICOM header.

- SourceDevice (AE: SourceAE) sends to Mirth (AE: MirthAE)
    - Mirth then extracts the Source AE from the images DICOM header (00020016)
    - Mirth then sends the image to the final destination (AE: DestAE), but has dynamically set it's own (the sending) AE to be (SourceAE)

I'm trying to make it appear as if Mirth has not been involved in the transaction, and the image has come direct from the modality.

does that make sense?

is this possible?

change your local application entity in your dicom sender to whatever you want the other system to recognize you as (so you don't have to look like mirth)
    Attached Files

Comment

this doesn't work if you have multiple AE titles sending via mirth

Comment

Use Multiple Channels

Create a new channel for each modality with Channel source and DICOM Destination setting the corresponding AE Title on each. Filter on the source modality and send to the corresponding Channel destination.

Comment

> this doesn't work if you have multiple AE titles sending via mirth

There is nothing stopping you from naming the destination AE titles dynamically by defining them in a variable. Almost anything defined in the UI can be done that way in a destination.

Comment

Need Support to setup DICOM

Hi

As you are successfully able to connect with DICOM , I need you help to setup the same.

Can you please provide me steps to do so ?

Originally posted by Partyholes View Post
            hi,

I've set Mirth up as a DICOM router and it's working nicely. However, i'd like to set the outbound AE title of Mirth to match what is in the DICOM header.

- SourceDevice (AE: SourceAE) sends to Mirth (AE: MirthAE)
            - Mirth then extracts the Source AE from the images DICOM header (00020016)
            - Mirth then sends the image to the final destination (AE: DestAE), but has dynamically set it's own (the sending) AE to be (SourceAE)

I'm trying to make it appear as if Mirth has not been involved in the transaction, and the image has come direct from the modality.

does that make sense?

is this possible?

Comment

Working...
            X