Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

File Writer Template New Line or Carriage Return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Writer Template New Line or Carriage Return

I am new to HL7 and new to Mirth. That being said I am very impressed how easy it was to get data through the program. My immediate problem is hopefully a very simple formating question. I'm using the File Writer output option. My template is very simple:

${PatientID},${LastName},${FirstName},${MiddleName }

Unfortunately I get no new line character, line feed, or carriage return after each data line. It all runs together. I tried the double return suggested for the Document Writer option but it did not work. Neither did ^M or any other control or escape codes I could think of. They all dutifuly printed in my output exactly as written. What exactly is the template field and what syntax can I use apart from the provided variables?

Post edited by: mhorste, at: 01/24/2008 15:08

Re:File Writer Template New Line or Carriage Return

Try this JavaScript code.

(Source Tab / Edit Transformer / Right-click / Add a new step / Click on "Type" column header / Select "JavaScript". This is in Mirth v1.5 and it should be similar if you are using a different version).

Code:
    var patientID = msg['PID']['PID.3']['PID.3.1'].toString();
    var firstName = msg['PID']['PID.5']['PID.5.2'].toString(); 
    var lastName = msg['PID']['PID.5']['PID.5.1'].toString();
    var middleName =  msg['PID']['PID.5']['PID.5.3'].toString();

var patientInfo = patientID + ", " + lastName + ", " + firstName + ", " + middleName + "rn";
    // The forum is messing up the back slash. It is carriage-return and line-feed at the end and it is "back slash r backslash n".

channelMap.put('PatientInformation', patientInfo );
    Destination Tab / File Writer / Template:
    ${PatientInformation}

Hope this helps!

Post edited by: nshaik, at: 01/25/2008 07:16

Comment

Thanks, it worked!
      I was hoping for a shortcut to use in the File Writer Template window. This was a test message. I have a lot more data to extract to a file. The Javascript will work but is cumbersome.

mhorste

Comment

Transformer JavaScript Step
        Code:
        var crRetLnFeed = "rn";
        // Backslash r backslash n.
        channelMap.put('CRLF',  crRetLnFeed);
        Destination Template
        ${PatientID},${LastName},${FirstName},${MiddleName }${CRLF}

Post edited by: nshaik, at: 01/25/2008 19:46

Comment

Re:File Writer Template New Line or Carriage Retur

Hi nshaik!

I got an issue and it looks similar with that you're discusting on this thread.

I'm running in the source tab a stored procedure using java script. No problem at all!
          My stored procedure is gonna give me a result like SELECT * FROM TABLE_NAME, with maybe 15 fields as result set.

The question is, how can I capture the result set from the source tab like descibed above, and use it in the destination tab?

I was using a transformer as javascript type with the code:

channelMap.put('lastname', result.getString(3));

It's not working.

What should I do to make it working?

Thanks a lot!

Alexander

Comment

Working...
          X