Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Firewalls (iptables) and Mirth Administrator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firewalls (iptables) and Mirth Administrator

I cannot seem to get Mirth Administrator working with iptables. If I disable iptable it works great, however. I opened up tcp 8080 and tcp 8443 and can get to the launch page as well as actually launch the Java Webstart application. When prompted to login I do so and it authenticates me and then starts attempting to load the modules. It loads the first few and then when it gets to the channel editor it just keeps trying and trying until finally it opens the application which is largely nonfunctional (dashboard doesn't show deployed channels, log off button doesn't work, etc.) becuase it locks up when "Loading channels..." I even tried opening up 1099 in case it was somehow using JMX, but that didn't help. Does Mirth Administrator use some other ports?

Re:Firewalls (iptables) and Mirth Administrator

No, those are the 3 I usually open when using iptables. Are you sure you configured it correctly?
    Brendan Haverlock | Mirth Software Engineer | Mirth Corporation

Comment

I am new to Linux but I think I've got it right. Here are my active rules.

I have the following for Mirth Administrator

-A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 8080 -j ACCEPT
      -A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 8443 -j ACCEPT
      -A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 1099 -j ACCEPT

Do I need any output rules possibly?

Comment

I figured it out with the help of my provider--I needed to allow traffic from the server's IP to itself. Don't really know what is going on, but that fixed everything.

-A INPUT -s [SERVERIP] -d [SERVERIP] -j ACCEPT
        -A OUTPUT -s [SERVERIP] -d [SERVERIP] -j ACCEPT

Comment

Working...
        X