Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirth Upgrade from 1.3.2 to 1.4

Hello,

Is there a recommended procedure to upgrade from 1.3.2 to 1.4?

I downloaded version 1.4 and it installed as a separate process not overlaying the previous version. Although it installed successfully there where conflicts with the server and Mirth Service processes as each path referred to its own version.

For example the path for 1.3.2 service would be:

C:\Mirth\Mirth-1.3.2\wrapper.exe -s C:\Mirth\Mirth-1.3.2\conf\wrapper.conf

And for 1.4 would be:

C:\Mirth\Mirth-1.4.0\wrapper.exe -s C:\Mirth\Mirth-1.4.0\conf\wrapper.conf

I must say that I did not installed Mirth in the Program Files directory. Could this be the reason it did not overlayed the previous version?

Regards,
    Charlie
    Regards,
    Charlie Olmeda

Re: Mirth Upgrade from 1.3.2 to 1.4

You can't run more than one Mirth per machine.

To migrate:

1. Export all your channels for 1.3.x
    2. Stop Mirth (uninstall it).
    3. Install the new version.
    4. Import the channels to the new version.

There is no easy way for importing the db contents from a version to other.

Comment

Thank you Alberto for your response.

I saved and exported the channels and transformers. Installed Mirth 1.4 on another machine, but when I imported the channels from 1.3.x they did not installed correctly. The summary tab screen and definitions displayed correctly, but the source and destination tab screens did not, they where completly blank just a grey screen.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
      Charlie
      Regards,
      Charlie Olmeda

Comment

Please, previous to wok in 1.4 clear the java cache:

1. Execute javaws
        2. Clear the Mirth Client from the cache
        3. Try again.

Comment

Hello Alberto:

Thank you for the response and information. It worked, I was able to import the channels and transformers from 1.3.2 to 1.4 and it's working. I like the fact that the user functions and definitions are more integrated in one place especially the transformers. Also the ability of mapping in a specific location.

Again, thanks for your help,

Regards,
          Charlie
          Regards,
          Charlie Olmeda

Comment

Hello Alberto:

Do you have a sample Channel and Transformer for converting XML files to HL7 that I can reference with. With 1.4 there are a tabs in the transformer for the incoming and outgoing file templates and I am not sure what would be the best place for the mapping to occur, inbound or outbound. Or should I stick with just using the outbound HL7 templates and adding the mapping steps there?

Also, what is the relationship when using both, inbound and outbound templates in the same transformer.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
            Charlie
            Regards,
            Charlie Olmeda

Comment

Inbound specifies what data will be coming into that connector, and outgoung specifies what data will be leaving that connector. If you are receiving XML on the connector, set the data type drop down to XML, paste the XML in the pastebox, and map fields from the trees into local variables. If you then want to send out HL7 2.x, set the dropdown on the outgoing tab to HL7 2.x, paste your HL7 2.x template in the outgoing box, and use the message builder to contruct the message with the data that you pulled out from the XML.

-Brendan
              Brendan Haverlock | Mirth Software Engineer | Mirth Corporation

Comment

Working...
              X