Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Mapping variables from preprocessor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapping variables from preprocessor

Is it possible to read/write to/from the channel or global maps in a preprocessor script? I did a forum search but couldn't find a definitive answer.

Thanks!

I am also having this problem

This is my preprocessor:

// Modify the message variable below to pre process data
    globalChannelMap.put('Patient_ID','0');
    logger.info($(Patient_ID));
    logger.info('is this running');
    return message;

I am having issues with defining global values in the preprocessor.
    The only information the above code gives in the Log Information is the following error:

[2013-12-19 17:53:19,355] ERROR (com.mirth.connect.server.util.JavaScriptUtil:264) : Error executing Preprocessor script from channel: 172bd389-d686-4ac6-b705-6b2e6a724088
    com.mirth.connect.server.MirthJavascriptTransforme rException: SOURCE CODE:

ReferenceError: "Patient_ID" is not defined.

I cut out some of the information; the big issue for me is the error name. I literally just get done defining the variable and it kills the whole preprocessor saying it's undefined.
    This also kills my code as I need to call the variable in the source transformer before defining it further down the line.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: got help on the IRC channel. have to watch my quotes in the future.
    So yes, globals can be changed and called in the preprocessor
    Last edited by ben.germann; 12-19-2013, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Hi,
      I am having the following line of code in preprocessor of my channel where I am writing to the global channel map variable.

globalChannelMap.put('InitMirthServerLocation', 'LAV Mirth development server');

And I am able of get the value in destination transformer javaScript globalChannelMap.get('InitMirthServerLocation');

Comment

To access the value stored in a global variable, use this form:

Code:
        $('<GlobalVarName>')  <-- Note the single quotes
        All variables in all contexts are referenced this way.
        Last edited by Jon Blanchard; 05-27-2014, 01:24 AM.
        Thanks.

Jon

Comment

Working...
        X