Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export Results Link doesn't work

Hi Mirth community,

I can't seem to export results from a search in the Dashboard. I repeatedly click the link and nothing happens. Exporting channels and other functionality works fine.

I did this from my Macbook running Yosemite. I cannot get this to work on my 3.0.3 boxes or my 3.1.1 boxes. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

Mark

Hey Mark,
    I'm also having the same issue(Win Server 2008). Any luck of the root cause and resolution?

Thanks
    Rick

Comment

I've tried this on Yosemite on 3.0.3 and 3.1.1 and it all appears to work fine for me.
      Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
      Work: 949-237-6069
      Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
      - You just bar.

Comment

Originally posted by narupley View Post
        I've tried this on Yosemite on 3.0.3 and 3.1.1 and it all appears to work fine for me.
        Any idea for resolution for windows server 2008?

Comment

I'm having the same issue with 3.1.1.7461. It works for me in a 2.2.1.5861 copy that I have connected to a different endpoint that isn't on 3 yet.

Max OS X 10.10.1

Comment

Can you enable your client-side Java console (in the Java Control Panel under advanced settings), and see if anything pops up there? Maybe your client is simply running out of memory or something. You can also try increasing the client max heap size (on the launch page).

Nicholas Rupley
            Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
            - You just bar.

Comment

Can you enable your client-side Java console (in the Java Control Panel under advanced settings), and see if anything pops up there? Maybe your client is simply running out of memory or something. You can also try increasing the client max heap size (on the launch page).
              I get this null pointer exception:

Code:
              Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-2" java.lang.NullPointerException
              	at com.mirth.connect.client.ui.MessageExportDialog.setBackground(MessageExportDialog.java:85)
              	at javax.swing.JDialog.dialogInit(JDialog.java:649)
              	at javax.swing.JDialog.<init>(JDialog.java:279)
              	at javax.swing.JDialog.<init>(JDialog.java:206)
              	at javax.swing.JDialog.<init>(JDialog.java:179)
              	at com.mirth.connect.client.ui.MirthDialog.<init>(MirthDialog.java:24)
              	at com.mirth.connect.client.ui.MessageExportDialog.<init>(MessageExportDialog.java:50)
              	at com.mirth.connect.client.ui.Frame.doExportMessages(Frame.java:3676)
              	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
              	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
              	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
              	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
              	at sun.reflect.misc.Trampoline.invoke(MethodUtil.java:71)
              	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2.invoke(Unknown Source)
              	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
              	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
              	at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.invoke(MethodUtil.java:275)
              	at java.beans.EventHandler.invokeInternal(EventHandler.java:482)
              	at java.beans.EventHandler.access$000(EventHandler.java:279)
              	at java.beans.EventHandler$1.run(EventHandler.java:430)
              	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
              	at java.beans.EventHandler.invoke(EventHandler.java:428)
              	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy10.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
              	at org.jdesktop.swingx.action.BoundAction.actionPerformed(BoundAction.java:231)
              	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2022)
              	at org.jdesktop.swingx.JXHyperlink.fireActionPerformed(JXHyperlink.java:264)
              	at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2346)
              	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:402)
              	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:259)
              	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:252)
              	at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:289)
              	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6525)
              	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3321)
              	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6290)
              	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2234)
              	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4881)
              	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2292)
              	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4703)
              	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4898)
              	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4533)
              	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4462)
              	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2278)
              	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2739)
              	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4703)
              	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:746)
              	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$400(EventQueue.java:97)
              	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:697)
              	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:691)
              	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:75)
              	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:86)
              	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:719)
              	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:717)
              	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:75)
              	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:716)
              	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
              	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
              	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
              	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
              	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
              	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

Comment

Thanks, I was able to track that down, and created an issue for it: MIRTH-3578

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
                - You just bar.

Comment

Thanks, I was able to track that down, and created an issue for it: MIRTH-3578
                  awesome thank you!

Comment

What exact version of Java are you using for the client? Note that this could be different than the version you're running the server with. Also, does it work if you close the Administrator and bring it back up?

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
                    - You just bar.

Comment

What exact version of Java are you using for the client? Note that this could be different than the version you're running the server with. Also, does it work if you close the Administrator and bring it back up?
                      My local, where I'm running the client, is Java 8 Update 25. The server is running on a remote machine. I've closed and reopened the Admin multiple times all with the same result.

Comment

I'm running Java 8 Update 31 on the client. The server is running Java 7.

Comment

Any workaround??

We upgraded to MC 3.1.1 from 2.2.3 last week and from Java 7 to the latest Java 8.31 and have run into the same issue. Our server OS is Windows 2008R2. I noticed from the link that this ticket is closed and fixed in MC 3.2, whenever that is released. In the meantime, is there any way to shake this loose? I have data in a channel that is having issues with the new engine that I need to extract and run through the older MC running on another server.

Comment

Originally posted by jaywilliams View Post
                            We upgraded to MC 3.1.1 from 2.2.3 last week and from Java 7 to the latest Java 8.31 and have run into the same issue. Our server OS is Windows 2008R2. I noticed from the link that this ticket is closed and fixed in MC 3.2, whenever that is released. In the meantime, is there any way to shake this loose? I have data in a channel that is having issues with the new engine that I need to extract and run through the older MC running on another server.
                            Yes, the workaround is to webstart the client with Java 7 instead. You can still leave the server running on Java 8, but as long as you're launching the client with Java 7 it should work.

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
                            - You just bar.

Comment

Work Around?

When I installed Java 8, it automatically uninstalled Java 7. I run the client on the same server as the app. Do I need to uninstall Java 8 and reinstall Java 7? If I just reinstall Java 7, how do I assign the client to open with Java 7 and not Java 8?

Comment

Working...
                              X