Fixing incoming HL7 data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing incoming HL7 data

Here is some JavaScript that I put inside of a destination transformer. It traverses every OBR segment and whenever there is a blank Observation date, it copies the Speciment date to the Observation date. Pretty simple requirements. Everything works except the assignment from OBR-14 to OBR-7:

Code:
    	var CountOBR=0;
    	for each (x in tmp..OBR)
            {
    	    if ( tmp['OBR']['OBR.7']['OBR.7.1'][CountOBR]==undefined)
    	    {
    		// Set the Observation date equal to the Specimen date
    		tmp['OBR']['OBR.7']['OBR.7.1'][CountOBR]=tmp['OBR']['OBR.14']['OBR.14.1'][CountOBR];
    	    }
    	    CountOBR++;
    	}
    It took a while to figure out that "undefined" is a keyword similar to what null is to a SQL database and should not be placed in quotes. Got that working.

Based on other code examples I expected to use x['OBR']['OBR.7']['OBR.7.1'] to reference this HL7 but this does not work so I used tmp['OBR']['OBR.7']['OBR.7.1'][CountOBR] instead. Why are some able to get this to work and others have not?

The assignment also doesn't work:
    tmp['OBR']['OBR.7']['OBR.7.1'][CountOBR]=tmp['OBR']['OBR.14']['OBR.14.1'][CountOBR];

What changes are needed to make this work?

Thanks,
    John

Re:Fixing incoming HL7 data

Hi jlehew

You could try the next one:
    Code:
    tmp['OBR'][CountOBR]['OBR.7']={};
    tmp['OBR'][CountOBR]['OBR.7']['OBR.7.1']=tmp['OBR'][CountOBR]['OBR.14']['OBR.14.1'].toString();

Comment

That is closer, but it puts "[object Object]" in the output HL7 file:

OBR|2|6604330|HL373244W|%SBNOCULI^REFLEXIVE CULTURE^^%SBNOCULI^REFLEXIVE CULTURE|||[object Object]20071201213201|||||||20071201213201||^^^|||||RGA^Q uest Diagnostics-Houston^5850 Rogerdale Road^Houston^TX^77072-1602^John G Buick MD|20071202180500|||F|||||||||||||||||||

I tried this:
      tmp['OBR'][CountOBR]['OBR.7']['OBR.7.1']={};
      instead of this:
      tmp['OBR'][CountOBR]['OBR.7']={};
      and it worked!!

What does the ={}; syntax do?

Thanks,
      John

Comment

Happy it works.

the '{}' sytax is a JavsScript trick to assign an Object to a var. I thought the problem related with you code was than there were no OBR.7 structure created.

I think you can remove safely the line 'tmp['OBR'][CountOBR]['OBR.7']['OBR.7.1']={};'

Regards.

Comment

You're right. That line is not needed.

Do you know the syntax to access the variable "x" from the "for each" statement? I tried to print the value but it never returns anything. Assignments also don't seem to work on the variable "x".

Code:
             // This doesn't print the values
             logger.info("x['OBR']['OBR.7']['OBR.7.1'] = " + x['OBR']['OBR.7']['OBR.7.1']);
             logger.info("x['OBR']['OBR.14']['OBR.14.1'] = " + x['OBR']['OBR.14']['OBR.14.1']);

// This doesn't assign properly
             x['OBR']['OBR.7']['OBR.7.1'] = x['OBR']['OBR.14']['OBR.14.1'];

Thanks,
          John

Comment

You're right. That line is not needed.

Do you know the syntax to access the variable "x" from the "for each" statement? I tried to print the value but it never returns anything. Assignments also don't seem to work on the variable "x".

Code:
               // This doesn't print the values
               logger.info("x['OBR']['OBR.14']['OBR.14.1'] = " + x['OBR']['OBR.14']['OBR.14.1']);

// This doesn't assign properly
               x['OBR']['OBR.7']['OBR.7.1'] = x['OBR']['OBR.14']['OBR.14.1'];

Thanks,
            John

Comment

Working...
            X