Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does a TCP Listener generate an ack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does a TCP Listener generate an ack?

Folks,

I am missing something that is quite likely simple. I have searched the message board and have found postings that talk about it but...

I have set up a TCP listener, put data in the response map in both a transformer and the post process step.

Is there are a configuration element that I am missing? Or do I need to work with the socket directly?

I think that my "extra" data is not making it back because in the TCP sender post process step I look at the response map and see success but not the data I put in the response map on the listener.

Once I resolve this I expect to add an entry to the wiki to help subsequent users.

Thanks for your help,
    Don.

Re:How does a TCP Listener generate an ack?

In a related post the author indicated that you can use "receiverSocket". The produced a error indicating that no such object was available. This has also be identified and a remedy was suggested that something along the lines of:

receiverSocket = '';

Having applied this I now get an error indicating the "getOutputStream" not a method.

Sooo...

I ask again, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Don.

Comment

Here is a related channel export.

test_target3.xml (4580 bytes)

Comment

Hi Don.

To create an ACK (a response in the same socket than than the request) you need to create the answer using a transformer, and then, in the source connector use this output using the "response from" combo.

The error you mention (the one related to receiverSocket) has nothing to do with the custom ACK. It's realted to queue configuration.

Comment

Alberto,

Thanks for your help.

Don.

Comment

Alberto, can you elaborate on this answer, or make it more clear perhaps?

I am confused. You say " a response in the same socket than than [sic] the request" Do you mean to say "other than" ?

Also, what type of transformer destination do we create? A channel writer? Does it matter? If it does matter, what type and to what? And when you say "response combo" do you meant that we need to check the radio button for "response on new connection" and enter in the Mirth server's IP?

Is this documented anywhere? I have seen multiple posts regarding this method, all seem to be nebulous or provide different information.

Thanks so much

Kerry

Post edited by: r_kerry, at: 12/19/2007 07:36

Comment

Working...
            X