Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

HL7 transaction modification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL7 transaction modification

Is there an easy way to only send message builder fields that are created, and blank out all other segments?

Example:
    Source transaction has MSH, EVN, PID, PD1, PV1, PV2, GT1, IN1, and IN2 segments.

In the Outgoing transaction I only want the MSH, EVN, PID, and PV1 segments.

Same question applies to the fields inside each segment.

Source transaction has msg['MSH']['MSH.6']['MSH.6.1'] valued, but the receiving system doesn't use it, so I don't want to send it in the outgoing transaction.

I created a few Message Builders in the Destination Transformer, but am trying to avoid creating a Message Builder for every field in every segment.

Thanks!
    Reid Hospital and Healthcare

Re:HL7 transaction modification

I have a channel that also does HL7 to HL7 and the PatientID on the incoming message is listed as the external PatientID number but the system it is sent to expects our PatientID on the internal PatientID element.

It would be great to know how to iterate through the nodes regardless of the segment and either manipulate them or delete them.

Regards,
    John

Post edited by: jlehew, at: 11/30/2007 11:30

Comment

Re:HL7 transaction modification

You don't need to use the message builder for this. You can use javascript to loop through your segments, delete segments and blank out fields. If you look through the forums and the File Repository you can find samples.
      -Dave

Comment

Working...
      X