Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL7 Version ID in MSH-12

Hello,
    I am handling messages using HL7 2.6. I have a receiving system whose only request is to have the version ID sent as 2.3.

I have figured out a few different ways to make this conversion, using JavaScript, but no matter which method I use, as soon as I change MSH-12 to 2.3, Mirth wants to enforce the message and datatype definitions for HL7 2.3.

I could map everything from 2.6 to 2.3, but since this is the version ID is the only change I need to make, I would prefer to just supply a "2.3" default in MSH-12, even though the message came from a 2.6 message definition.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Are you using the strict parser? If so, you can turn that off.

If you're talking about the descriptions of fields/components in the message tree, that is only for drag-and-drop convenience and doesn't affect message processing at all.

If you're saying that your message is being hard-coded to something no matter what you do in your transformer, you probably have an outbound template set that you're not using.
    Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
    Work: 949-237-6069
    Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
    - You just bar.

Comment

Working...
    X