Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Mirth Administrator Blank on Ubuntu 7.04 install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirth Administrator Blank on Ubuntu 7.04 install

I just performed the default installation of the mirth project on my ubuntu 7.04 system. The install went fine. the server loaded up properly. I was able to download the administrator and it connected properly, but after it has connected and downloaded all the necessary components, it just sits with a blank gray screen. Is there some kind of additional configuration that is necessary? Any additional JAVA configurations/security modifications?

I am running ubuntu 7.04 with java 1.6 installed.

Attached is a screenshot of my desktop with the administrator loaded.

Re:Mirth Administrator Blank on Ubuntu 7.04 install

I had no problems running Mirth in 7.04 nor in the new Gutsy Gibbon release (7.10) which I recently upgraded to.

However, I am using java 1.5 only.

Might be worth downgrading your java install and see if that resolves the issue.

Comment

Re:Mirth Administrator Blank on Ubuntu 7.04 instal

Switched to the java 5 jre located in the default ubuntu repositories and received the same result.

As a test, I shut down the server after the administration client connected and I received a "server is no longer running" error. So, the admin. client is connected, just maybe not painting the interface.

Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Are you using Compiz or another GL Desktop ?
        Try disabling it. Sometimes java windows are void when using Compiz

Comment

That did the trick. I found a fix for all compiz users out there.

------------------------------
          On a single user system, which most installations of Compiz/Beryl are located, or on a system that you don't have root access to, adding the line to ~/.bashrc

For Gnome ( Redhat and Ubutnu )

gedit ~./bashrc

Add the following

export AWT_TOOLKIT="MToolkit"

log out and log back in
          -------------------------------

Fix blatantly stolen from: http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/thread/28968

Thanks again for all the help.

Comment

Just an update...

On Ubuntu 7.10 with Java 6 installed, I tried the bashrc edit and it didn't seem to have any affect, but following the referred link to edit etc/environment did the trick (after logging out)...

gksudo gedit /etc/environment

Now the file is open add the line below the path line then save and exit:-

AWT_TOOLKIT="MToolkit"

Comment

Working...
            X