Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Problem connecting to a remote SQL server.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem connecting to a remote SQL server.

Hi Guys!

I've a channel that uses a database reader as a source data. When the connector URL is local it works correctly:

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://127.0.0.1:1433/RAYOS

But now I'm trying to do the same but with a remote database:

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://180.180.180.69:1433/RAYOS

In my machine I have a DSN connecting that database that works perfect, so I supose that is not a problem of connectivity.

When I start the channel I think that it tries to connect, but 30 seconds after the channel stops without errors.

Is my URL correct?

Does anybody know what the problem could be?

Thank you very much in advance!

Post edited by: epereiro, at: 10/23/2007 05:40

Post edited by: epereiro, at: 10/23/2007 05:41

Re:Problem connecting to a remote SQL server.

This seems to be a connection problem. Try using first a generic Java SQL manager (Aqua Data, dbVisualizer, etc.. )

Comment

Thank you very much!

With the Aqua Data studio I've seen that actually I can't connect to the database that I want, but I can connect to other sql server database that I have (also with mirth).

The problem is that I don't know what to do to connect to the server that I want, because the port (1433) is open. I need to open other ports?

Any idea?

Best regards!

Comment

1433 is the default port for SQL Server 2000. Check the port setting for the remote SQL Server.

In the Microsoft KB article below, refer to the section, "1. Determine the TCP/IP port number of the instance of SQL Server."

How to connect to a named instance of SQL Server 2005 or SQL Server 2000 by using the client tools in the earlier version of SQL Server
        http://support.microsoft.com/kb/265808

Hope it helps!

Comment

Thank you very much nshaik!!

The servers that I'm trying to connect have both versions of sql server (2000 and 2005), and the server that is working for me only has the 2000 version. Therefore I supose that you are right. I'm going to read the article and I will tell how I finally solved the problem.

It helped a lot!!

Comment

I've changed the port to the SQL server 2000 instance and it works perfect.

I supose that the DSN can manage to connect to the instance. But this fails with the java driver and with the old versions of Microsoft clients. So the best solution is to change the port as you said.

¬°¬°Thank you!!

Comment

Working...
            X