Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting

Hi guys!

I'm just starting to use mirth and I would like to ask you firstly one thing.

I just configured my server (database) with mirth. I'm using at the moment sqlserver.

How to make sure that the server is working properly ? How can I test the communication between them ?

I'm using HL7 to create messages.

There is a documentation like step by step to test and make some examples and how to create some messages and see the result ?

Thanks a lot.

Re:Starting

The easiest way to test this is to have the source monitor a folder on your computer and have your destination write the message to a different folder. Put messages into the folder you are monitoring and Mirth will pick them up and process them. You can find sample channels here "http://www.mirthproject.org/index.ph...=19&Itemid=43". They should be able to help you get started with it. There are also sample HL7 messages in the documentation section of the site. When you pass your first message through you can look at the dashboard, right click on your channel and view messages to see the messages that have passed through.
    -Dave

Comment

Hi Dave!

Thanks you for your help! It'll be very useful.

Sorry, but I have few more questions at the moment.

When you go to "Mirth Server Manager" in the tab "Database", how to test if the URL to access the database is correct and working properly ?

Another problem is, yesterday I was working normally doing the login in the "Mirth Administrator", creating some channels or trying to, but anyway, it was working. But today I couldn't do the login again. I just did uninstalling and installing again... Now is working...

Question: How to detect this kind of problem ? I need implement some special configuration ? Could be happening something wrong with Java ?

Thanks a lot mate.

Alexander

Post edited by: Alexander, at: 10/15/2007 17:40

Comment

Alexander,

When you were working in the Mirth yesterday was a change made in any of the settings in the Mirth Server Management Database Tab?

Comment

Alexander,
          I had the same problem when I started. I changed the database settings from the default to my SQL 2000. I then had to run the script to create the mirthdb on my SQL server and create the default user and password so I could log in again. It looks like you are running this on SQL so use the scritp below, either "C:\Program Files\Mirth\sqlserver-database.sql" or "C:\Program Files\Mirth\sqlserver2005-database.sql" depending on which version of SQL you are using. To create the databases on your sql server.
          -Dave

Comment

Hi pzelenka!

I just changed the URL on the tab "Database" to try to connect in my SQL Server database.

What and how should I put in those parameters ?

In the tab "Server", should I change the parameters too or just keep it ?

I can't connect in my sql server mirth database. What am I doing wrong ?

Today I tryed to connect again into "Mirth Administrator", but I couldn't. I just re-installed and then everything was working again.

It is getting complicated and there is no way to detect where exactly is the problem.

Locally I can work without problems, creating channels and so on, but accessing my database, no way.

I have other applications accessing my database remotely, I don't have client sql server installed in my machine... That could be my problem ?

Thanks a lot mate.

Alexander

Comment

Hi pzelenka!

I just changed the URL on the tab "Database" to try to connect in my SQL Server database.

What and how should I put in those parameters ?

In the tab "Server", should I change the parameters too or just keep it ?

I can't connect in my sql server mirth database. What am I doing wrong ?

Today I tryed to connect again into "Mirth Administrator", but I couldn't. I just re-installed and then everything was working again.

It is getting complicated and there is no way to detect where exactly is the problem.

Locally I can work without problems, creating channels and so on, but accessing my database, no way.

I have other applications accessing my database remotely, I don't have client sql server installed in my machine... That could be my problem ?

Thanks a lot mate.

Alexander

Comment

Hi Dave!

So, returning the subject... At the moment I'm working with SQL 2000 SP4. I just run the the script to create the mirth database using "sqlserver-database.sql". I guess that one is right to SQL 2000, isn't it ?

Do I need install a special driver in my machine to access the sql server 2000 ?

Do I need to install the client of SQL Server in my machine ? I'm asking you that because I have some applications already working but accessing my database just by IP, without any client installed.

Thanks.

Alexander

Comment

Alexander,
                  In the Mirth Server Manager, change the Type to sqlserver. Use the url, something like "jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localhost:1433/mirthdb". Supply a db username/password, I use the sa user and pass. Hit ok and then try to log in. I don't have any problems with it.
                  -Dave

Comment

Working...
                  X