Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [3.0] Per channel logging ?

Hello,

I've set up multiple channels on a mirth 3.0 instance.
    All channels log information (using logger.debug, logger.info, ...) in the same file and on the same "console" in the GUI (server log tab).

Is there a way to :

1/ set up mutilple tabs ?
    2/ separate logs into several files ?

For information, I use the default log4J configuration.

Thanks in advance fro your help.

Adding multiple tabs and directing certain log entries to certain tabs is possible, but it would require custom extension development. We already have a plugin point for extra tabs in the dashboard; the server log and connection info tabs are already setup as plugins.

Regarding a custom log4j setup, yes you can edit log4j.properties to add your own appenders with their own directory settings. Again this would require some custom coding.
    Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
    Work: 949-237-6069
    Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
    - You just bar.

Comment

It is often useful to have a set of logs file per channel and to also log the name of the channel for every message logged. Not only does this make debugging easier it makes it easy to track production issues proactively. You can do this with log4j appenders using the log4j.properties configuration file as follows: (windows OS). Check out my post for the process:

http://www.mirthcorp.com/community/f...519#post253519

Comment

Working...
      X