Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NextGen's aquisation of Mirth

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NextGen's aquisation of Mirth

    Just wanted to see what others thoughts were on NextGen acquiring Mirth.

    My major question would be is Mirth still going to stay as open source, free to use commercially for the current version or any new version (3.0)?

    I understand if this is something that cannot be answered. I have quite a few friends who use this product within their companies and just trying to help find an answer.

    Thank you,
    Last edited by ITzNybble; 09-09-2013, 07:32 AM.

  • #2
    Pretty sure this is QSI's acquisition of Mirth, and that Mirth and NextGen will be separate entities.


    Howver, I too have the same question! I'm a NextGen support user, and to see them acquiring Mirth is quite interesting as they use a lot of the Symphonia (Orion Rhapsody) products in their current setup for interface work. I've used Mirth for SUCH a wide array of utilities, I cannot imagine getting along without it.

    Some thoughts from Mirth here would be rather cool

    thanks!
    Last edited by laidback_01; 09-09-2013, 07:56 AM. Reason: clarification of a thought.

    Comment


    • #3
      Yes QSI is the parent company you are correct.

      Comment


      • #4
        *Ahem* I am allowed to quote this for you all:

        Originally posted by People Above My Pay Grade
        Mirth will continue to develop, maintain, and support the Mirth Connect open source community, will operate as a vendor-neutral solution, and will lead the Mirth open source community, continuing the role it plays in powering public and private Health Information Exchanges nationwide and globally. Mirth remains excited about the upcoming open source release of Mirth Connect 3.0.
        Last edited by narupley; 09-09-2013, 08:40 AM.
        Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

        Nicholas Rupley
        Work: 949-237-6069
        Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.


        - How do I foo?
        - You just bar.

        Comment


        • #5
          <sigh>. I feel I have lost a good friend.
          So I am going to stay confident that the 3.0 GA will soon be released as been quoted many times during the webcasts??/!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ffowler View Post
            <sigh>. I feel I have lost a good friend.
            So I am going to stay confident that the 3.0 GA will soon be released as been quoted many times during the webcasts??/!!!
            Don't worry, it's coming! We've seen a couple short delays but you can expect it within the coming weeks!! We're very excited about the additional visibility Mirth Connect 3.0 will get because of this acquisition!
            Last edited by jacobb; 09-09-2013, 11:21 AM.
            Jacob Brauer
            Director, Software Development
            NextGen Healthcare

            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ITzNybble View Post
              Just wanted to see what others thoughts were on NextGen acquiring Mirth.

              My major question would be is Mirth still going to stay as open source, free to use commercially for the current version or any new version (3.0)?

              I understand if this is something that cannot be answered. I have quite a few friends who use this product within their companies and just trying to help find an answer.

              Thank you,
              From the press release:

              Quality Systems, Inc. will maintain the Mirth brand identity, office, team, and products and will continue to market Mirth's commercial solutions and serve as the hub for the Mirth Connect open-source community. Additionally, Quality Systems, Inc. plans to deliver enhanced value to NextGen Healthcare clients by integrating Mirth's capabilities into the NextGen Healthcare platform.
              As the project lead on Mirth Connect I personally don't see any major deviation from our existing roadmap. We are about to release Mirth Connect 3.0, and are already working on Mirth Connect 3.1! Mirth Connect 3.0 will be released in the coming weeks under the same open source license (MPL), and we will continue to provide support and commercial extensions for Mirth Connect.
              Jacob Brauer
              Director, Software Development
              NextGen Healthcare

              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                well we all are "excited about the upcoming open source release of Mirth Connect 3.0." But what after that!?
                X Connections
                https://documentor.email
                https://www.x-connections.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mdehoog View Post
                  well we all are "excited about the upcoming open source release of Mirth Connect 3.0." But what after that!?
                  We're already working on Mirth Connect 3.1, which will be released under the same open source license. There is no change to the open source roadmap. In fact, we already have an internal roadmap toward 4.0. I look forward to the ways in which this acquisition can accelerate Mirth's product roadmap and innovation.
                  Jacob Brauer
                  Director, Software Development
                  NextGen Healthcare

                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jacobb View Post
                    We're already working on Mirth Connect 3.1, which will be released under the same open source license. There is no change to the open source roadmap. In fact, we already have an internal roadmap toward 4.0. I look forward to the ways in which this acquisition can accelerate Mirth's product roadmap and innovation.

                    This is amazing news, I just was wondering. I know that one of the major appeals of Mirth Connect and all of its appliances was the open source idea behind it.

                    Thank you for the quick responses and cannot wait for 3.0 and 3.1!
                    Last edited by ITzNybble; 09-10-2013, 06:14 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      In fact, check out Mirth Connect 3.0 Release Candidate 3. Still open source and just released TODAY!

                      Hopefully everyone else is as excited for Mirth Connect 3.0 as we are!
                      Jacob Brauer
                      Director, Software Development
                      NextGen Healthcare

                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Mirth 3.0 is really quite good

                        I've deployed a testing instance to help me sort out a problem using a different engine. Man do I wish the hosp I work at would use Mirth! 3.0 is an amazing piece of software! Keep up the good work, I'll eventually get them to use the right stuff.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X