Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending strings via TCP connection

Hi all,

can I use TCP outbound channel in order to send plain strings to an AS/400 without any kind of HL7 tags?. These strings are cut by position in order to retrieve the correct info and we can't accept any kind of supplementary strings.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Ricard Bernat

Re:Sending strings via TCP connection

Hi Ricard,

In the "Template" field of the TCP Sender you can define the string that is being sent over the connection. By default, there are no HL7 related tags added to the string, so you can build up your message using your transformer steps and use that variable in the template.
    Gerald Bortis | Chief Information Officer | Mirth Corporation

Comment

Hi Gerald,

mmm...well but, I generate the string directly from database with a simple query, what should I write in the template field?. Actually I write ${message.rawData}, is this correct or should I use another expression?.

As you can see, I need more deeper knowledge of this product!.

Thanks again!,

Ricard

Comment

Hi again,

finally I could test my system and the results are not exactly what I desired. Watching log files I found that Mirth returns to my system this string:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><result><trama>ENLCDEPLABDEXDAT 009999992007302643200708061201ASTUFCG100 E</trama></result>

but the real info should be:

ENLCDEPLABDEXDAT 009999992007302643200708061201ASTUFCG100 E

As I told before, I'm using {message.rawData} for data recovery from a SQL query, generating only one field called "trama" as you can see in the XML tag.

Any hints?,

Ricard Bernat

Comment

In your source connector, create a transformer step, mapper. Drag the "trama" filed over and set the variable name to "trama". Then set the scope to "Channel Map"

On your destination, replace ${message.rawData} with ${trama}
          Chris Lang

Comment

Hi chrisl,

It works great!!!. I think that now I understand much better how the product works.

Thanks for your help

Ricard Bernat

Comment

Glad it's working for you!
              Chris Lang

Comment

Working...
              X