No announcement yet.

Mirth Connect 3.0 Beta 1 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the proper way to install v3.0.0? I have v2.2.1.5861 installed and I tried to just copy the 3.0.0 folders and files over that. When I try to start the Mirth Connect Service, it starts but then immediately stops.

Comment

Originally posted by MofSmith View Post
      What is the proper way to install v3.0.0? I have v2.2.1.5861 installed and I tried to just copy the 3.0.0 folders and files over that. When I try to start the Mirth Connect Service, it starts but then immediately stops.
      The proper way to run the 3.0 Beta is to unzip the archive to its own folder, make any changes you need to the properties file, and run the appropriate executable file (e.g. mcserver.exe). Then navigate in a browser to http://localhost:8080 (replace 8080 with your port) and launch the Administrator from there. The server manager (mcmanager) should also work for making properties/database changes and for launching the Administrator client.
      Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
      Work: 949-237-6069
      Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
      - You just bar.

Comment

Originally posted by MofSmith View Post
        You should also not be trying to upgrade any existing version to the 3.0 beta release.
        Jacob Brauer
        Director, Software Development
        NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

Error in javascript writer

Hello,
          Thanks for this release.
          I'm using com.mirth.connect.connectors.file.filesystems.FtpC onnection.writeFile method in version 2,
          e.g.
          ftpConn.writeFile(ftpfile, ftppath, ftpappendfile, ftpByteArray);

which does not appear to be in version 3 as my javascipt writer is failing. Could you give me an indication as to what this method has been changed to?

INFO 2012-12-27 15:03:59,640 [Thread-2] com.mirth.connect.server.Mirth: Running Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM 1.7.0_10 on Linux (2.6.32-71.el6.i686, i386), postgres, with charset UTF-8.

Comment

Originally posted by seaston View Post
            Hello,
            Thanks for this release.
            I'm using com.mirth.connect.connectors.file.filesystems.FtpC onnection.writeFile method in version 2,
            e.g.
            ftpConn.writeFile(ftpfile, ftppath, ftpappendfile, ftpByteArray);

which does not appear to be in version 3 as my javascipt writer is failing. Could you give me an indication as to what this method has been changed to?

INFO 2012-12-27 15:03:59,640 [Thread-2] com.mirth.connect.server.Mirth: Running Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM 1.7.0_10 on Linux (2.6.32-71.el6.i686, i386), postgres, with charset UTF-8.
            What error are you seeing exactly?

Nicholas Rupley
            Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
            - You just bar.

Comment

Javascript Error

Here's the error Nick:

ERROR-414: JavaScript Connector error
              ERROR MESSAGE: Error evaluating JavaScript Writer
              com.mirth.connect.server.MirthJavascriptTransforme rException:
              CHANNEL: Radiology Printing Channel
              CONNECTOR: FTP PDF to printer
              SCRIPT SOURCE: JavaScript Writer
              SOURCE CODE:
              83: }
              84: }
              85:
              86: if ( connected ) {
              87:
              88: ftpConn.writeFile(ftpfile, ftppath, ftpappendfile, ftpByteArray);
              89: returnBoolean = true;
              90: ftpConn.destroy();
              91: } else {
              92: logger.error("Unable to connect to ftp server: " + ftpserver
              LINE NUMBER: 88
              DETAILS: Can't find method com.mirth.connect.connectors.file.filesystems.FtpC onnection.writeFile(org.mozilla.javascript.ConsStr ing,string,boolean,[B).
              at com.mirth.connect.connectors.js.JavaScriptDispatch er$JavaScriptDispatcherTask.call(JavaScriptDispatc her.java:164)
              at com.mirth.connect.connectors.js.JavaScriptDispatch er$JavaScriptDispatcherTask.call(JavaScriptDispatc her.java:107)
              at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unkn own Source)
              at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
              at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker( Unknown Source)
              at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run (Unknown Source)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Simon

Comment

Ah I see, yep, that's because the fourth argument has now been changed to an InputStream rather than a byte array. If you already have a byte array ready, you should be able to just wrap it in a ByteArrayInputStream.

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
                - You just bar.

Comment

I see, like this?

Code:
                  ftpConn.writeFile(ftpfile, ftppath, ftpappendfile, java.io.ByteArrayInputStream(ftpByteArray) ) ;
                  Great! - It all works again now.

Actually a lot of the code I have in the javascript here will be redundant in version 3 now that you have queuing on all the connectors. I am sure I can achieve what I currently have with the javascript just as well with the standard File Writer connector.

Comment

Originally posted by seaston View Post
                    I see, like this?

Code:
                    ftpConn.writeFile(ftpfile, ftppath, ftpappendfile, java.io.ByteArrayInputStream(ftpByteArray) ) ;
                    Great! - It all works again now.

Actually a lot of the code I have in the javascript here will be redundant in version 3 now that you have queuing on all the connectors. I am sure I can achieve what I currently have with the javascript just as well with the standard File Writer connector.
                    Yep, that's the idea! Thanks for bringing that to our attention though; let us know if you find any other discrepancies. Cheers!
                    Last edited by narupley; 01-04-2013, 07:18 AM.

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
                    - You just bar.

Comment

That worked! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by maltmann View Post
                        I downloaded the 3.0 beta tar.gz to a Linux box.
                        It unpacks with a base folder of 'Mirth Connect'
                        When I try to run mcserver I get the following error, which suggests that the space in the base folder name is not being correctly escaped.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Connect/mcserver
                        Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Connect.mcserver
                        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java: 202)
                        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
                        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.j ava:190)
                        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:3 07)
                        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launche r.java:301)
                        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:2 48)
                        Could not find the main class: Connect/mcserver. Program will exit.
                        Hmm, I'm not able to reproduce that. What JRE are you using, what command are you issuing to start the server, and from what directory?

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
                        - You just bar.

Comment

Here are the commands. As you can see I am using JRE 1.6.0_22

Code:
                          $ cd Mirth\ Connect/
                          $ ls
                          appdata     conf        extensions  logs         mcmanager           mcservice            mirth-cli-launcher.jar  mirth-manager.jar  temp
                          client-lib  custom-lib  lib         manager-lib  mcserver            mcservice.vmoptions  mirthdb                 mirth-server.jar   webapps
                          cli-lib     docs        licenses    mccommand    mcserver.vmoptions  mirth-cli.jar        mirth-launcher.jar      public_html
                          $ ./mcserver
                          Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Connect/mcserver
                          Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Connect.mcserver
                                  at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
                                  at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
                                  at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
                                  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
                                  at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
                                  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
                          Could not find the main class: Connect/mcserver.  Program will exit.
                          $ java -version
                          java version "1.6.0_22"
                          Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_22-b04)
                          Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 17.1-b03, mixed mode)
                          Michael Altmann
                          Roseville, MN
                          Mckesson Corp

Comment

Installed on Linux and running good.

Can I use my commercial extensions (user support, ssl, etc) from 2.2 in this release?

Comment

Originally posted by jab View Post
                              Installed on Linux and running good.

Can I use my commercial extensions (user support, ssl, etc) from 2.2 in this release?
                              Glad to hear it's working for you! It works fine for me too on Linux; unfortunately I haven't been able to reproduce what maltmann is seeing.

To answer your question, none of the 2.x released plugins will be compatible with the 3.0 beta release. However, we will be updating the plugins for the 3.0 Appliance and GA releases, so when they come out you will still be able to use User Roles, SSL Manager, Channel History, etc.

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
                              - You just bar.

Comment

I used RHEL 6 x64 if that helps.

Maybe running a

$ rpm -q -a | grep -i java

and dumping the output will help determine the cause of maltmann's issue.

(This is assuming you are working on an rpm based Linux)

Comment

Working...
                                X