Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service buttons disabled

Hi all,

after installation on W2003 Server with SQL 2005 Express system is fully functional but buttons for start/stop the mirth service are disabled.

Any hints about?.

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo Bernat

Re:Service buttons disabled

Are you sure you installed the Mirth service? This is a problem that is known on Windows 2000, but it should work in 2003. The service manager works by calling the sc.exe utility. This comes with Windows XP, so you can install it yourself in other versions of Windows.

There is also a universal fix that has been implemented and will be included in the next version of Mirth. This fix allows the service manager to start and stop the service in Windows 2000 server, so it should fix your problems as well.

Jacob
    Jacob Brauer
    Director, Software Development
    NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

Hi Jacob,

thanks for your help but sc.exe is installed on my system and fully functional. I tried to put it directly into mirth dirctory and restart server manager but no luck!. Mmmm...maybe an installation issue?. By the way, my system is W2003 SP2!.

I tried to re-install but again no luck, all buttons remain disabled, sc.exe in the correct place and mirth service up and running. It smells like SP2 present!.

Any more clues?.

Ricardo Bernat

Comment

Strange. Could try typing 'sc' in the command prompt and see if it is recognized?

Jacob
        Jacob Brauer
        NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

Hi again!,

yes, the command answered with its help page. There is no other condition to disable those buttons?. By the way, I did a downgrade of JRE to 1.5.0 because I was working on 1.6.0 version, but again, no luck.

Ricardo Bernat

Comment

The command not working is the only thing we know of that should produce that problem. The next version has this problem resolved and sc is no longer used. Perhaps this will fix your problem. For now, manually start and stop the service if needed.

Jacob
            Jacob Brauer
            NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

Hi again Jacob,

ok then, I'll wait for next version. Really if I want to restart the service I can use SERVICES in control panel.

Thanks for your help.

Ricardo Bernat

Comment

Working...
              X