NCPDP Telecomm D.0 standard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCPDP Telecomm D.0 standard

The HIPAA law is requiring that NCPDP D.0 be in place by January 2012 for transactions that fall under HIPAA rules. People using NCPDP 5.1 will need to switch to this new standard if they require HIPAA compliance.

Will Mirth be supporting the D.0 standard this year, or is this something that needs to be privately developed?
    Is anyone in the community working on this on their own?

Just trying to get a sense of where we're at with this, and organize an effort to get this done!

Thanks!
    Last edited by repler; 01-27-2011, 09:59 AM. Reason: Clarified the purpose of the D.0 standard

Update

For those watching this thread you'll be pleased to read this update -

Work for D.0 support has been added to the Mirth Connect v2.2 feature list:

http://www.mirthcorp.com/community/i...wse/MIRTH-1752

Many thanks to the Mirth Connect team!

Comment

It would be interesting to hear more about people using NCPDP and Mirth. Do you have Mirth and NCPDP 5.1 channels in production?
      Daniel Svanstedt
      Software Engineer
      Mirth Corporation

Want professional services, support, and enterprise or virtual appliances? It's all available from the Mirth Corporation:
      Mirth Support | Mirth Training | Mirth Appliances | Online Training | Developer Q&A

Don't forget, Mirth Support gives you access to all of our online training videos, and silver support gives you access to developer Q&As!

Comment

I tried to use it and had success but I only could use it in testing because of this problem.
        Once i removed any D0 fields it works like it always does.
        We have been researching a different tool because of mirth not supporting the batch standard 1.2 or d0.

Comment

Originally posted by dans View Post
          It would be interesting to hear more about people using NCPDP and Mirth. Do you have Mirth and NCPDP 5.1 channels in production?
          Any updates here? I see planned support in versions 2.2 and 3.0 but am still curious as to when we can expect to see either of these versions released. We are in production using v5.1 and would like to begin transitioning to d.0 soon. Keep us posted.

Comment

Ncpdp d.0

Can someone share if any one in community have used mirth for NCPDP D.0 .
            I am new to mirth and i dont know if mirth supports NCPDP D.0 ??

I really appreciate if any one can reply ...

Thanks in advance

Comment

I used the one. What question is about?

Comment

Hello Ferit,

Thanks for your reply , really appreciate .

I am trying to create one NCPDP D.0 channel but in template if i put sample example it throws error " template is not valid NCPDP " .

I am using below example .

610066C4B112345678901044563663bbbbbbbb200305019876 5bbbbb
                AM01C419620615C51CAJOSEPHCBSMITHCM123MAINSTREETCNM Y
                TOWNCOCOCP34567CQ2014658923CZ50Z1231C2AM04C2987654 321A
                CCJOSEPHCDSMITHAM07EM1D21234567E103D700009011312E7 1
                D30D530D61D80DE20030501DF5DJ1DK9ET1C82DT128EAAM03E Z06
                DBA12345DRGOITERMANPM20136895722E1DL123456H51014ET ROY
                AM11D9557{DC100{DX100{H71H801H9150{DQ700{DU807{DN3

Kindly help , if you have any idea or steps please suggest.

Thanks in Advance. !!

Comment

Any update on this? I'm having the same problem.

Comment

i haven't received any update . it looks like mirth doesnt support ncpdp D.0 as there are very few threads regarding this standard.
                    Also mirth employees dont reply on this standard.

We might need to think regarding any other option

Comment

Originally posted by charan View Post
                      i haven't received any update . it looks like mirth doesnt support ncpdp D.0 as there are very few threads regarding this standard.
                      Also mirth employees dont reply on this standard.

We might need to think regarding any other option
                      Yes - D.0 is supported in Mirth Connect. See: http://www.mirthcorp.com/community/i...wse/MIRTH-1752

Comment

Ncpdp d.0

Hello Briank,

Thanks for your reply , we are trying to use mirth connect for NCPDP D.0 standard as you has mentioned it supports D.0 but actually it dosnt .

Actually people dont use it for NCPDP so that might be no one is aware about it.

In NCPDPReference.java file there is two methods "populateNCPDPD0" and "populateNCPDP51".

Fields mentioned in populateNCPDP51 are working fine in mirth but additional field added in populateNCPDPD0 are not working at all.

For Example : 2JDAVID is prescriber first name but "2J" field is not mentioned in populateNCPDP51.
                        All fields exits in populateNCPDP51 method are working fine but additional fields in populateNCPDPD0 are not working .

I tried to update this file and signed the JAR file but its giving sign in issue .

Can you please help me here with which signature i need to sign the JAR so that i can work for NCPDP D.0 Standard.

Please take my request under consideration , i know you people support only paid users but if we are able to use your product than only we can think for support to..

Appreciate reply on this.

Try below

Comment

Kindly See attached code in files

Kindly find attached files for Proof that Mirth reads only "51" version as in mentioned in NCPDP Vocabulory.

Version D.0 is not mentioned in NCPDPVocabilory.java file so that in NCPDPRefrense.java it reads for 51 version only. please update it will help to other NCPDP D.0 standard users.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Mirth Connect NCPDP to XML

Mirth connect version >= 3.4

It loads all the message datatypes from plugin folder, present inside src/com/mirth.connect/plugins.​

In order to convert the incoming message type, lets say NCPDP , to required internal XML representation, Mirth uses dedicated '*Serializer' class available for each data type.​

This '*Serializer' provides methods to convert the incoming from source type to XML or from XML to incoming type.​

In case of NCPDPD, NCPDPSerializer is used and it further calls NCPDPReader and pass it XMLPrettyPrinter as its content handler to parse incoming source msg to XML., or, otherwise calls XMLHandler and pass it NCPDPXMLHandler class as its content handler and start parsing input XML back to NCPDP type.

In order to convert incoming NCPDP to XML (toXML), Mirth then uses parse method of NCPDPReader class which takes the incoming source msg and first parse Header in fixed order and then segment by segment converts whole msg. Its NCPDPReader class which uses provided content handler to write the ncpdp msg out using XML tags by referring to NCPDPReference class which holds HashMaps of schema for D0/51.​

In order to convert XML to NCPDP (fromXML), Mirth uses parse method of XMLReader which then callbacks the methods of its provided content handler whenever it start/end a XML tag or read the value between them.

So simply change/add/update NCPDPReference class as ur needs and it works fine with NCPDP_D0 for me. Infact, you can load your custom schema to generate Hashmaps and expose it to MirthConnect to use for serialization and de-serialization of NCPD to XML or other way around.

hope it helps!

''.''

Comment

Working...
                            X