This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let us know how you're using Mirth!

We'd love to hear how Mirth is working out for everyone...did it save your company money, help make HL7 easier to understand, save the world? Let us know!

Chris Lang

Re: Let us know how you're using Mirth!

hi chris,

Great work you guys are doing. In Hospital UKM, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - 1060 bed hospital, we are currently evaluating Mirth, together with Messaging Workbench & Message Maker. So far it has been promising. We will let you know if we're going to use it for production.

cheers,
    Badrul

Comment

Awesome! Please keep us updated and let us know any issues you run into!

-Chris
      Chris Lang

Comment

I posted something similar on the old site, but here's an update:

We're a clinical medical laboratory in NE Ohio. Several of our clients (around 100 nursing homes in Ohio and West Virginia) place lab orders and retrieve results via a web site (running Apache, Tomcat, PHP, and uses a PostgreSQL backend), and I use Mirth to handle HL7 LLP transactions between the web site and our new LIS (Seacoast Laboratory Data Systems "SurroundLabPlus"). The Mirth interface between the LIS and the web site has been in operation for a little over a month, and has performed beyond expectations.

Using a combination of Mirth to handle order information and barcode technology to look up orders sent via HL7, we have decreased sample processing time significantly, resulting in faster turn-around time for lab results and happier clients. Using Mirth to process lab results has allowed me much more creativity in what I can offer our clients - several feature requests that have been around for years have finally been implemented.

I am currently working with some of our clients to deliver lab results via HL7/LLP/IPsec to their EMR systems. Mirth will play a key role in this, using filters to ensure that results only go the proper recipient, and transformers to convert the HL7 results feed into whatever the client requires on their side.

A lot of functionality for the cost of a new Linux server to run Mirth (made sense for our infrastructure) and a few barcode scanners...

mike

Comment

Hi,

we operate about 60 community hospitals and i am planning to use MIRTH as a major component of our enterprise integration framework. The other major parts being AXIS2 web service engine and ACTIVEMQ as messaging platform.

The integration framework will be the hub for hl7 based, non hl7 based, & x12 transactions. Because of this, i am planning to extend MIRTH to be an X12 engine too. sounds pretty ambitious but i think it's doable.

I will let you know if the implementation is a success. thanks.

Erwin Pader
          Health Management Associates, Inc.
          Naples, FL

Comment

ercynth -

Please shoot me an email at chrisl [at] webreachinc.com or call us at (949) 255-5059.

We have already started the framework for X12 support and would like to discuss how we can make this process go by smoother.

Also - v1.2 includes support for WebServices.

-Chris
            Chris Lang

Comment

Hi,

I just used Mirth engine to implement a regression testing tool for an integration migration project. With Mirth, it saved us a lot of time and other resource on this project.

Mirth is great. I think I should contribute my time to write some documents for it.

Thanks, Mirth team.

Charles

Comment

I would LOVE to - but can't even get it installed with no ducumentation available!!

Comment

dgwhiles - Check this: http://www.mirthproject.org/index.ph...gettingstarted

Or: http://www.clubpacswestmi.net/articl...killer-oss-app

There is a great video that shows how to get your first channel set up.

Thanks!
                  -Chris
                  Chris Lang

Comment

Also this excellent write-up from VocalEZ: http://www.mirthproject.org/index.ph...d=45&Itemid=81
                    Chris Lang

Comment

We are HORUS (www.horus.es). HORUS is a spanish hardware and software enterprise to automate process. We develop software from laboratory and blood bank.
                      We are testing mirth to connect our applications with hospital informatic systems.

Comment

===================
                        Environment:
                        Mirth HL7 - Mirth 1.3.1, Java 1.5 Update 9, Windows XP Professional
                        Channel - File Reader to Database (SQL Server 2000 SP3) using workaround to call stored procedure from Mirth
                        HL7 Host - GE Centricity Practice Manager 2003 (Millbrook)

Processing more than 11,000/day
                        ===================

We went live last week with Mirth HL7 1.3.1 and Mirth is successfully processing more than 11,000 messages/day.

Mirth has helped us phase-out our in-house developed HL7 module and help focus on our EMR product development. This is something we wanted to do for a long time. We did try evaluating a commercial HL7 tool before Mirth, but that did not go well. Thanks to Mirth for helping us out!

Our immediate next step is to send an outbound ORU message for transcriptions of clinical information. We also plan to add processing A46 and A47 messages types for merging patient records. Our future plans include sending MFN M02 as outbound messages for processing referring physicians.

We plan to keep upgrading to the latest version of Mirth once every quarter.

I would like to thank the Mirth team for all the hard work and coming up with such an excellent open source product. I'm sure the Healthcare community worldwide would benefit a lot from Mirth. I also would like to thank the Mirth community for the active forum. Mirth message board is one of the best and thanks to all for the feedback.

I look forward to continue to contribute to the Mirth community.

Thank you

Comment

Hello Chris:

Advance Development Group is evaluating Mirth as the integration solution for our product FusionForm. FusionForm uses digital pen and paper technology to capture information written by a user. As we move in to hospital complex integration environments FusionForm needs to able to send and receive patient information. We have read the Mirth 1.3.2 User Guide and also compared Mirth to other engines (NIST, Iguana, etc.) in the same category and found Mirth to be the most intuitive and user friendly (you can tell I am old school IT). We have been in the integration business for quite a while using commercial interface engines and for the price of Mirth $0.00 you can't find a better solution.

There are several questions we have regarding the formatting and mapping of XML to HL7/ER7 and vice versa, but we will communicate those as we have a more intelligent understanding of the Mirth process.

One thing I have to express. As a vendor Mirth could keep our product price at the same level, as Mirth would be offered as a free integration module. It would be encouraging for other vendors needing an integration solution to their offerings to look at Mirth.

Thank you so much,

Charlie Olmeda
                          ADG

Comment

Hello,

We are a small Mental Health Hospital in Florida and have just started using Mirth to monitor and grab HL7 documents we receive and put the data into 4 sql tables. This enables me to use our EMR front end to show nurses/doctors results in crystal reports in a nice pretty format. Mirth has been great so far and the support we have received via the forum has been very helpful.

Thanks,
                            Jeff

Comment

Re:Let us know how you're using Mirth!

We are a mid-size hospital near the north coast of Ohio. Right now I am evaluating Mirth to see if we can centralize our interfaces onto one server. We currently have connections to and from: Lab equipment, HIM software, Clinical/Financial system, Surgery Scheduler, RIS/PACS, Credentialing software, and Transcription software. It would be nice to have one machine running all of the interfaces instead of every server talking to every other server.

Our hospital is also in a group of five small, area hospitals. If the software works well, then we could even use it to communicate data between our hospitals.

Comment

Working...
                              X