X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re:Let us know how you're using Mirth!

Hello

I see a great opportunity to use Mirth to simplify the communication between our inhouse developed Clinical Information System and not yet integrated or already integrated systems at the University Hospital of Zuerich, Switzerland.
    Currently I'm setting up several test scenarios to evaluate useability and stability of Mirth, using Mirth 1.5 on Java 1.5 Update 11, Windows 2003 Server and Oracle 10gR2.

Compliments for your great work
    Christian

Comment

Hi Chris,

I'm Stefano from Italy.
      I work for a LIS provider company.

We're going in production with Mirth 1.5 to send back label information (for blood sample) coming from an Order Entry provider

The O.E. puts request via Oracle storedproc then label info are sent back immediately to their WS.

It's quite simple Channel with File Reader and Soap Sender.
      The xml label information are build inside our own product.

Next step should be let Mirth read and build xml info and send it.

For now it should serve something like 1000-2000 msg/day .

HW:
      RedHat Enterprise Linux Advanced Server 3.0 x86_64bit
      Stefano Mastrogiacomo

Comment

Mirth will provide all of the system integration to PatientOS, an open source EMR and healthcare information system. Initially basic HL7 interfaces but in the future there is a possibility I will use it as the web service front end.

Thanks for what in my view is the best healthcare open source product today.

Greg

http://www.patientos.org

Comment

I am using Mirth to populate a legacy RIS type system that we use with demographic data from our PACS. I have been running it in a Virtual Machine for about a month. It has worked flawlessly so far.

The only snag I ran into was with trying to use a stored procedure from Mirth, I got around this with triggers.

Now I am working on a High Availability solution, since I expect to implement HL7 for many of our clients in the coming year. I have two servers running on heartbeat in my test environment. I am having problems with moving the config. I have not figured out where it is. The file I thought was it was not correct. I would like to use rsync to maintain the configurations. I don't want to resort to drdb, but may go that route.

BTW, I am currently processing about 700-1000 messages per day on my virtual machine.

Shawn

Comment

Just going to drop a note here on how we use Mirth on how we use Mirth to do PDF Kung fu....

I wrote it up and screencasted it, hope it may help somebody somewhere...

http://www.clubpacswestmi.net/articl...ion-with-mirth

Comment

Currently evaluating in a test environment to migrate hl7 specific integration from BizTalk. We could potentially be using it for ADT, ORU, etc across our health region and possibly for integration across health regions.

The configuration of channels and hl7 manipulation is much easier than biztalk, but I think Mirth needs some definite work in the following areas:

Every destination connector type should have retry functionality. This should be base functionallity of all connectors, not just LLP. You can't have an enterprise worthy integration solution without this. And yes, I know you can write script in the post processor, but I don't think that is a good solution as it really should be baked into the product by default. Also, retry count should go above 99.

Documentation. I haven't seen any. I haven't seen any user/developer documentation. I'm also looking for architectural documentation that can satisfy me of the robustness of Mirth. For example if the machine loses power while messages are being processed (transformed, etc) will the be lost or will they be delivered once the machine comes back up. Can mirth gaurantee delivery, and if not under what circumstances?

Comment

I wish I had better luck than others...

trying to use Mirth taking HL7 via LLP and writing to a JMS queue on JBoss. Mirth 1.7 appears to have an issue getting that working -- too bad. Would appreciate some docs on the topic.

Comment

lyratech wrote:
                  I wish I had better luck than others...

trying to use Mirth taking HL7 via LLP and writing to a JMS queue on JBoss. Mirth 1.7 appears to have an issue getting that working -- too bad. Would appreciate some docs on the topic.
                  Post up in the support forum with details on what you're trying to accomplish.

One of the reasons that my team, and I think a lot of other people, have gotten Mirth to work for them is not good documentation (although that would be nice! :P ), its a really knowledgeable community thats eager to help.
                  Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!
                  http://consultzen.com/careers/
                  Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
                  Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.

Comment

We are using mirth 1.6.1.2750 to integrate a Dynamic Imaging PACS system to Meditech client server.

Mirth saved a us a lot of time and money as we were able to do all the HL7 interfacing ourselves. The system has been live for 2 months with no problems reported.

Many thanks to the Mirth Devs and the community.

Steve.

Comment

Re: Let us know how you're using Mirth!

EDIT - julianrobert, *start a new topic* and ask your question again.

Post edited by: jbartels, at: 09/26/2008 11:18

Comment

Re: Let us know how you're using Mirth!

Or search...there are hundreds of posts about this already.
                        Brendan Haverlock | Mirth Software Engineer | Mirth Corporation

Comment

Re: Let us know how youre using Mirth!

I am a consultant working with an Anatomic Lab considering interface engines. I am familiar with Seacoast and as a matter of fact to use to work for John Herring. I would love the opportunity to discuss your use and or plans to deploy with your customer EMRs. How might I contact you. Thanks

Comment

Hi,

We use Mirth Connect in conjunction with OpenClinica, both to upload data and to report out results. We're very pleased to say the least.

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for all the support on the forums!

We are currently using Mirth to modify hospital lab feeds. We have a lab, radiology and transcription interface going into the NextGen EMR but the NextGen EMR uses a simple file parser. Using Mirth we are able to move fields around and edit certain fields getting around the shortcommings of the NextGen Rosetta parser.

Comment

Hi, I work for a big hospital in Italy. I use Mirth 1.8 to integrate our distributed ECG system and demographic data for patients.
                                Medical Users use send the ecg file in xml, with just a couple of information taken with a bar code scanner (Medical Record number and user id).
                                With Mirth I made a channel that use those informations as keys for db queries and complete the ecg with patient name, date of birth, department name ...
                                I'm also studying and testing more integrations.

Comment

Working...
                                X