Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Non-HL7 Projects do you use Mirth for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Non-HL7 Projects do you use Mirth for?

Hi;

We use Mirth for a lot of different things, not just HL7 interfaces.

Besides the easy stuff such as using Mirth to auto-FTP, I have a channel that fires a SQL Server script to batch import a text file into a database which we then use to maintain our Active Directory structure

I'd be interested in hearing what other non-HL7 applications people are using Mirth for.
    I can be reached through gmail and Google Talk using davidrothbauer at gmail dot com
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-rothbauer/5/923/518
    codeismydrug.wordpress.com
    hl7coders.wordpress.com

Test all my code suggestions prior to implementation

1. Used Mirth to split an xml file into separate text files so it could be read into a text to speech program that could handle batch files.

2. I often use Mirth to generate csv reports from databases and save them to file or send in an email.

Comment

1. Generate CSV (or PDF) from database queries
      2. Analyse logfiles and send e-mail if entries with level "FATAL" are discovered
      3. Count number of files in directories; this is used as supervision of interfaces: if number increases over a some level, an interface is probably down; alert mail is sent.
      4. Check age of logfile of an interface: interface is scheduled to run every x minutes and writes a log even if nothing to do; il youngest logfile older than x minutes, interface crashed
      5. File-dispatching of a multi-instance billing system with output into one single directory; files are dipatched based on naming conventions of the files, to diffent types of users
      6. Medication delivery robot put one file per package delivered; data are grouped in files based on order number to create delivery reports.
      7. Some more, and more ideas to come
      JJ Mouris
      FFE Luxembourg
      IT-Department

Comment

- Receive position (GPS) messages from ambulances and show its position under google maps (all made using only mirth channels).
        - Centralize the conllection of data of more than 300 differents databases.
        - Creating web interfaces (using http connector) to manage resources what will be used later for other channesl of Mirth.
        - Offers simpler interfaces to access to an old system which only speaks an strage tcp-low-level protocol (by developing a new connector).

Comment

We use Mirth for many things.

We use it to Modify DICOM header for images sent to our Teleradiology system.

We create HL7 messages from DICOM images and send to PowerScribe.

We take results from powerScribe format them into Reports in an RTF format and then fax them out through GFI Faxmaker. We actually use Mirth to create the API file for the Fax Server.

We have even used Mirth in the past to do file conversions from csv files and dump the results into a database and format an HL7 message to send to our downstream systems.

Given enough time we will use Mirth to fully automate our Teleradiology practice by removing the need for a RIS to have the data entered into.
          Tom Smith
          IT Director
          Triad Radiology Associates

Comment

I'm currently setting up a channel to order coffe-pads in our department:
            I call the channel with parameter action=ASK -> mail is sent to all people in the department with the list of all available types of cofee pads; the information will be coded as links including user information and type of coffee pad and action= ORDER
            The user clicks his choice, which will populate an order file and send a confirmation e-mail

I think this will be fun when I reveal this channel to my colleagues ...
            JJ Mouris
            FFE Luxembourg
            IT-Department

Comment

Brilliant! ....with every sip of coffee, they can't help but think of how it was made possible.

I only hope the lunch menu is the next in line for channel design.

Comment

Originally posted by mourisj View Post
                I'm currently setting up a channel to order coffe-pads in our department:
                I call the channel with parameter action=ASK -> mail is sent to all people in the department with the list of all available types of cofee pads; the information will be coded as links including user information and type of coffee pad and action= ORDER
                The user clicks his choice, which will populate an order file and send a confirmation e-mail

I think this will be fun when I reveal this channel to my colleagues ...
                mourisj,

That's awesome. It sounds like we owe you some Mirth coffee mugs.
                Jacob Brauer
                Director, Software Development
                NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jacobb View Post
                  mourisj,

That's awesome. It sounds like we owe you some Mirth coffee mugs.
                  I'd really enjoy getting some Mirth coffee mugs. (I guess my colleagues would be kind of jealous ...) I'll send you my home adress for the case these mugs really exist

To let you have fun like we did, I attach the channel with configs and docs to this post.

Have fun
                  Attached Files
                  JJ Mouris
                  FFE Luxembourg
                  IT-Department

Comment

I'd really enjoy getting some Mirth coffee mugs. (I guess my colleagues would be kind of jealous ...) I'll send you my home adress for the case these mugs really exist

To let you have fun like we did, I attach the channel with configs and docs to this post.

Have fun
                    Sure thing. We'll try to get you some from our next batch.
                    Jacob Brauer
                    NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

Mirth talks with our e-commerce engine which takes private patient orders. Everything after that is either HL7 or SOAP.

I'm thinking of using it for all sorts of things, but don't get much time to play with it. it can probably be involved in almost everything we do, it's that flexible. One of the first things will indeed be some reporting engine kind of use where exec staff click a link and Mirth fires them a report about that topic by e-mail.

Comment

Originally posted by bradd View Post
                        1. Used Mirth to split an xml file into separate text files so it could be read into a text to speech program that could handle batch files.

2. I often use Mirth to generate csv reports from databases and save them to file or send in an email.
                        Hi,
                        I am sorry for bothering you.
                        I saw that you are creating csv reports from data from a database.
                        I am trying to do the same thing. Was successful in doing so. But I am trying to include column names as the first row in the csv output file. I was unable to do this.
                        Can you please point me to how to do this?

I posted more details of my issue on a thread here http://www.mirthcorp.com/community/f...ead.php?t=4944

Comment

Have fun
                          Mirth coffee mugs are on their way!
                          Jacob Brauer
                          NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sturlapati View Post
                            Hi,
                            I am sorry for bothering you.
                            I saw that you are creating csv reports from data from a database.
                            I am trying to do the same thing. Was successful in doing so. But I am trying to include column names as the first row in the csv output file. I was unable to do this.
                            Can you please point me to how to do this?

I posted more details of my issue on a thread here http://www.mirthcorp.com/community/f...ead.php?t=4944
                            I actually did it the hard way by knowing what the columns were going to be. It wasn't automated. sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by jacobb View Post
                              Mirth coffee mugs are on their way!
                              Hello,

The mugs have successfully arrived, thanks a lot !

I took a picture of me and my colleagues at the office with the new mugs !
                              From left:
                              * Marie - not yet involved in Mirth, but possibly in the future;
                              * Jean-Jacques (Me) - Mirth guru;
                              * Patrick - not involved with Mirth - he is in charge of crappy applications ;-) but he is always amazed when he sees what we can achieve with Mirth;
                              * Michele - Backup Mirth administrator

We are part of the applications group of an IT team of 15 people, in charge of 3 hospitals with 1400 users.

Since we replaced a well-known interface middleware with Mirth, we have substantially and continuosly increased the number of interfaces. We always find new ways for (mis)using Mirth to free us from repetetive tasks and have more time left for other tasks.

Thanks for this great tool.

Btw., running a mug through a Mirth channel generates a quite curious ACK message. Is this a mug or an (undocumented) feature ? ;-) (See pictures attached)
                              Attached Files
                              JJ Mouris
                              FFE Luxembourg
                              IT-Department

Comment

Working...
                              X