Mirth, Mule, JMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirth, Mule, JMS

I'm considering using Mirth for parsing HL7 and handing those messages off to another system. Is it possible to create a JMS queue inside the Mirth/Mule server? I would assume so since it's just standard JEE/Mule stuff.

Is it recommended? The point would be to reduce the number of servers/services I have to manage so the more stuff I can put inside Mirth itself, the easier it would be to deploy. I did a search for JMS in the forums but the people who are doing it seem to be posting JMS messages to an outside server (JBoss, etc).

Thanks for any help/advice in advance.
    Steve

Originally posted by spiritmech View Post
    I'm considering using Mirth for parsing HL7 and handing those messages off to another system. Is it possible to create a JMS queue inside the Mirth/Mule server? I would assume so since it's just standard JEE/Mule stuff.

Is it recommended? The point would be to reduce the number of servers/services I have to manage so the more stuff I can put inside Mirth itself, the easier it would be to deploy. I did a search for JMS in the forums but the people who are doing it seem to be posting JMS messages to an outside server (JBoss, etc).

Thanks for any help/advice in advance.
    Steve
    There's no way to do it in the current version of Mirth, without any modification. The JMS Reader and Writer are for reading from and writing to outside JMS queues. Having internal JMS queues inside of Mirth for longer term temporary storage is something we will look at for a future release.
    Jacob Brauer
    Director, Software Development
    NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X