Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mirth 1.8 for Radiology Information System?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirth 1.8 for Radiology Information System?

Hi All,

I have developed a web based (Apache/PHP/MySQL) Radiology Information System (RIS).

Basically i need a way to receive HL7, and output Modality Worklists/Notify PACS of orders from the data in the database.

It seems Mirth will quite easily handle the HL7 side (i have had success importing HL7 directly to MySQL or to a PHP script using HTTP POST).

The RIS is complete, but is worthless without the MWL/PACS connectivity.

Is Mirth the solution i am looking for in regards to MWL/PACS?

Can anyone please assist me towards finding a solution, especially from an Apache/PHP/MySQL RIS?

Thankyou.

Daniel

Re:Mirth 1.8 for Radiology Information System?

Hi,

Same kind of problem than you with own developped RIS. I use Mirth for HL7 connectivity (my RIS send XML command to Mirth that are translated to correct HL7).

I don't think Mirth can handle the Worklist side of your project.

I'm starting to use Offis.de DCMTK toolkit (http://dicom.offis.de/dcmtk.php.en) to handle the worklist management. It's the only free and opensource software I found for this task.

If anyone has another idea ?

Thomas

Comment

Hi all,

I'm integrating our HIS/RIS scenario with Mirth. HIS sends all messages for patient admin to RIS via Mirth with an absolute success!. About MWL I think that my proposal was desestimated in "issue tracker" forum but on the other you can use Conquest for this job. Many hospitals atround me are using it with success, and I have the channel for integrating MWL with SQL Server in one side and Conquest MWL on the other. It could be a good chance!. Let me know if you need this channel.

About STORE services I can't tell you. I didn't have any feedback about.

HTH,

Ricard Bernat

Comment

Thanks for the responses.

Ricard, the channel would be very helpful if you could provide it.

Comment

Hi all,

ok, let me check if I can send it tomorrow!.

Ricard Bernat

Comment

Im new to DICOM and HL7. From what ive read so far it seems there are a number of ways we could create a worklist.

I trialled a commercial product that used a direct connection to the Database with an ODBC driver. This worked very well as the items in the worklist could easily be filtered based on the "study status" in the RIS database. Each new request for a worklist would re-query the database, and WHERE clauses could be used.
            I cannot find open source software that can do this.

Ive had a brief look at the Offis DCMTK toolkit and it appears to be very useful. It seems to use worklist files in a certain directory to create the worklist. I guess in this case, using PHP, worklist files could be created, renamed or moved when needing to add or remove items from the worklist.
            Maybe i could create a MIRTH channel that queries the database and creates the worklist files for each result. Is there any way i could trigger this somehow, rather than polling every few seconds?

Although, using HL7 seems good, as all in/out from the RIS would be the same (ie. all HL7).

Any other techniques?

Post edited by: dwebst04, at: 02/12/2009 17:39

Comment

Originally posted by allodoc View Post
              Hi,

Same kind of problem than you with own developped RIS. I use Mirth for HL7 connectivity (my RIS send XML command to Mirth that are translated to correct HL7).

I don't think Mirth can handle the Worklist side of your project.

I'm starting to use Offis.de DCMTK toolkit (http://dicom.offis.de/dcmtk.php.en) to handle the worklist management. It's the only free and opensource software I found for this task.

If anyone has another idea ?

Thomas
              How can i use dcmtk to send the worklist to modality.

Comment

Hi Ricber,

Would it be possible to send me that channel as well. This would be of great help for me. Thanks in advance !!

Comment

We're a clinical medical laboratory in NE Ohio. Several of our clients (around 100 nursing homes in Ohio and West Virginia) place lab orders and retrieve results via a web site (running Apache, Tomcat, PHP, and uses a PostgreSQL backend), and I use Mirth to handle HL7 LLP transactions between the web site and our new LIS (Seacoast Laboratory Data Systems "SurroundLabPlus"). The Mirth interface between the LIS and the web site has been in operation for a little over a month, and has performed beyond expectations.

Comment

Hi Ricber,

Would it be possible to send me that channel as well.
                    This would be of great help for me.
                    Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi all,

about my code, please search on forums for item "Convert DICOM SR to HL7 ORU". You will find my code attached. Feel free to contact with me for any doubt.

Thank you for your interest,

Ricard Bernat

Comment

Working...
                      X