Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FYI-- timeout on this site is too short!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI-- timeout on this site is too short!

I just spent an hour typing up a new Wiki entry, hit submit, and the site informs me that I need to log in. I go back and my post is gone. IMO either the timeout needs to be longer or the Wiki software should be smarter (like Blogger for example). I know that's not your business exactly, but good documentation is, at least at my company, one of the top three reasons we choose to use a product. And I simply won't bother contributing to the Wiki if it's going to throw my work away like that...

Re:FYI-- timeout on this site is too short!

I had the same problem with the forum posts.

There isn't very sensitive information in the wiki and forum. The timeout may need to be longer.

Sam

Comment

Thanks for the input, guys. We are looking at addressing this with future updates.
      Jacob Brauer
      Director, Software Development
      NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

Suggestion:
        In situations like this one, I have created the document in a text editor and did the copy/paste thing to the particular page that is time sensitive.

Comment

pzelenka wrote:
          Suggestion:
          In situations like this one, I have created the document in a text editor and did the copy/paste thing to the particular page that is time sensitive.
          Didn't we all learn to do this this back in the early www days?

Like jacobb said, there are updates coming up for this site soon, in the meantime...

I have changed the timeout for the wiki in to two hours, so it should no longer timeout on you. Just in case, save your edits a bit more frequently. The timeout was set to 1 hour before. You are referring to this wiki right? -- http://www.mirthproject.org/community/wiki/

Also as a tip, next time this happens (here or elsewhere) Most new browsers are smarter than the software and if you just hit "back" before doing anything else, you can usually copy all your text to a text pad (if you didn't follow pzelenka's advice to begin with) then proceed to login and then paste the text back to your form.

Hope this helps.
          Oscar Gonzalez
          : Home of the Mirth Healthcare Appliances.

Comment

Hi,

I also believe the same that the session time on this forum is very less, if possible than change it so that we need not to enter id and password very frequently.

Thanks and Regards,
            Dheeraj Bansal
            Thanks and Regards,
            Dheeraj Bansal

Comment

Working...
            X