Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCP Sender Error 3.5.1

Hi Everyone,

I am currently getting an TCP Sender Error for a TCP Sender Outbound Destination Channel, I Tested the connection and the Remote Address, and Remote Port successfully can connect to the host.

This is the Error:

TCP Sender error
    ERROR MESSAGE: connect timed out
    java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out
    at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.waitForConnect(N ative Method)
    at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Un known Source)
    at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress( Unknown Source)
    at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
    at com.mirth.connect.connectors.tcp.SocketUtil.connec tSocket(SocketUtil.java:67)
    at com.mirth.connect.connectors.tcp.TcpDispatcher.sen d(TcpDispatcher.java:237)
    at com.mirth.connect.donkey.server.channel.Destinatio nConnector.handleSend(DestinationConnector.java:82 2)
    at com.mirth.connect.donkey.server.channel.Destinatio nConnector.process(DestinationConnector.java:476)
    at com.mirth.connect.donkey.server.channel.Destinatio nChain.doCall(DestinationChain.java:121)
    at com.mirth.connect.donkey.server.channel.Destinatio nChain.call(DestinationChain.java:63)
    at com.mirth.connect.donkey.server.channel.Channel.pr ocess(Channel.java:1716)
    at com.mirth.connect.donkey.server.channel.Channel.di spatchRawMessage(Channel.java:1191)
    at com.mirth.connect.donkey.server.channel.SourceConn ector.dispatchRawMessage(SourceConnector.java:192)
    at com.mirth.connect.server.controllers.DonkeyEngineC ontroller.dispatchRawMessage(DonkeyEngineControlle r.java:1067)
    at com.mirth.connect.connectors.vm.VmDispatcher.send( VmDispatcher.java:157)
    at com.mirth.connect.donkey.server.channel.Destinatio nConnector.handleSend(DestinationConnector.java:82 2)
    at com.mirth.connect.donkey.server.channel.Destinatio nConnector.process(DestinationConnector.java:476)
    at com.mirth.connect.donkey.server.channel.Destinatio nChain.doCall(DestinationChain.java:121)
    at com.mirth.connect.donkey.server.channel.Destinatio nChain.call(DestinationChain.java:63)
    at com.mirth.connect.donkey.server.channel.Channel.pr ocess(Channel.java:1716)
    at com.mirth.connect.donkey.server.channel.Channel.pr ocessSourceQueue(Channel.java:1811)
    at com.mirth.connect.donkey.server.channel.Channel.ru n(Channel.java:1797)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The place I was sending my HL7 messages to changed their IP endpoint but with the same port. Before this change they were working perfectly fine.

So I am pretty stumped on why this error is happening, also i'm very new to Mirth.

Just because you can open a connection to a remote port via the "Test Connection" button doesn't really mean all that much. The firewalls, NAT devices and other equipment in the middle can sometimes misrepresent connectivity.

If "Test Connection" is successful but sending an actual message does not work, depending on the the equipment in between, you may in fact be blocked. Obviously if you are sending large message you may also exceed the response timeout parameter configured on that connector on the destination tab.

I would fire up a network sniffer and/or monitor appropriate devices you control to demonstrate that your traffic is leaving your network.

Diridium Technologies, Inc.
    https://diridium.com

Comment

Working...
    X