Mirth Connect 3.5.0 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirth Connect 3.5.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.5.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our downloads page.

Some key features and benefits of 3.5 include:
    • Channel Tag / Filtering Enhancements – Channel tags are easier than ever to configure and use. Simply start typing, and available channels / tags will show up so you can quickly filter down to the one you're looking for. A new tag management screen allows you to add / remove / modify multiple tags across multiple channels in just a few clicks!

• Filter / Transformer Iterators – Iterating through repeating segments / fields has always been possible in Mirth Connect, but now in 3.5 it's easier than ever, and doesn't require any custom JavaScript code! Easily see the flow control of your filters and transformers at a glance. Nested iterators are supported too!

• Attachment Handler Improvements – A more powerful Regex handler, a completely new Entire Message handler, and additional view options in the message browser. Regex and JavaScript handlers now support binary data. You can even store an attachment in one channel, and use it in a completely different channel!

• Destination Set Filtering Improvements – Destination Set Filtering was added in version 3.1, but now in 3.5 you can leverage this powerful feature without having to write any JavaScript! A new dedicated source transformer step has been added, with powerful conditional logic settings.

• And More!

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes
    Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
    Work: 949-237-6069
    Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
    - You just bar.

What is the purpose of the Generated Script tab for the JavaScript step in transformer?

Comment

Originally posted by Shamil View Post
      What is the purpose of the Generated Script tab for the JavaScript step in transformer?
      There is none really, it's just there for consistency with the other steps.

Nicholas Rupley
      Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
      - You just bar.

Comment

When we check for updates on the appliance, should this be available?
        Last edited by kirbykn2; 05-05-2017, 08:25 AM.
        Best,

Kirby

Mirth Certified|Epic Bridges Certified|Cloverleaf Level 2 Certified

Appliance Version 3.11.4
        Mirth Connect Version 3.8.0
        Java Version 1.6.0_45-b06
        Java (64 bit) Version 1.6.0_45-b06
        Java 7 (64 bit) Version 1.7.0_151-b15
        Java 8 (64 bit) Version 1.8.0_181-b13
        PostgreSQL Version 9.6.8

Comment

Originally posted by kirbykn2 View Post
          When check for updates on the appliance, should this be available?
          You might need to update Java 8 to 8u121 first.

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
          - You just bar.

Comment

Thanks that did it.
            Best,

Kirby

Appliance Version 3.11.4
            PostgreSQL Version 9.6.8

Comment

Since grouping is introduced everywhere, it would be nice to have grouping for the Configuration Settings as well, with the ability to export/import only parts of the entire settings (similarly as this is done for Code Templates Libraries). Currently it overrides whatever settings are there.

Another point is to make REMOVEALL configurable. It's probably good in production but for development it's becoming a bit annoying.
              Last edited by Shamil; 05-08-2017, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Heap Memory Allocation reset

After the upgrade I noticed a few Java heap space errors when pruning messages. I then reviewed the memory settings on the appliance and the heap space allocation had been reset to the original value of 512 MB not the allocated amount of 3GB I assigned when the appliance was installed.

I tested this on my local Windows install of MC and came up with the same results. I configured the Maximum Heap Size to 2GB, restarted MC, verified the heap size of 2GB, performed the upgrade from 3.4.2 to 3.5 and the heap size was reset to 512MB

If you allocated additional memory be sure to check these allocations after the upgrade.

Are there any other configurations that will be reset to the defaults after the 3.5 upgrade?
                Best,

Kirby

Appliance Version 3.11.4
                PostgreSQL Version 9.6.8

Comment

Since grouping is introduced everywhere, it would be nice to have grouping for the Configuration Settings as well, with the ability to export/import only parts of the entire settings (similarly as this is done for Code Templates Libraries). Currently it overrides whatever settings are there.

Another point is to make REMOVEALL configurable. It's probably good in production but for development it's becoming a bit annoying.
                  It already is configurable in the Administrator settings.

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
                  - You just bar.

Comment

Originally posted by narupley View Post
                    It already is configurable in the Administrator settings.
                    Oh right, that what I thought but when I glanced it was not obvious that reprocess/remove... is about it.

Comment

Oh right, that what I thought but when I glanced it was not obvious that reprocess/remove... is about it.
                      Yeah there's only so much real estate there, but hopefully the tool-tip makes it more clear:

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
                      - You just bar.

Comment

Hi,

I'm struggling with the new Iterator Transformer Step.

I'm testing the feature on new or existing channels, to see how I will use it. And sometimes my JS code gets replaced with the code of another step I was looking at earlier ; or it is moved to another step I was looking at later, and whose content gets lost. It seems to happen only on JS steps, I haven't noticed anything similar on other step types.

Since I notice this problem a bit later, when I come back on this step or just "by accident", I have no idea how and when it happens, I have not been able to reproduce it: is it upon moving a step up/down, upon saving it, upon navigating back to the iterator itself, or looking at its Generated Script?

I haven't tested the Iterator Filter Step now, so I don't know if same problem may occur...

Has anyone noticed something similar?

EDIT : just opened an issue for this : MIRTH-4159
                        Last edited by aTom; 05-12-2017, 04:22 AM.
                        Tom

Comment

It is my understanding that they removed the 3.5 update until they can fix the memory heap size changing.

Is there an ETA for when it will be ready?

Thanks
                          Rut

Comment

Originally posted by rutledj View Post
                            It is my understanding that they removed the 3.5 update until they can fix the memory heap size changing.

Is there an ETA for when it will be ready?

Thanks
                            Rut
                            There was a problem on Mirth Appliances only, where the max heap size would get reset back to 256 MB after an upgrade. It doesn't affect any standalone installations of MC. That was quickly resolved and an update issued, so it should already be available!

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
                            - You just bar.

Comment

I've just bumped into a pretty weird error in Mirth Admin. That's about Configuration Map behavior. To reproduce, open Configuration Map, click Add, start typing a new parameter into the Key column, then (while a cell is in the edit mode) zoom or shrink any column size. The value entered into the Key column disappears. Regardless what is done next, Save/Refresh/etc., it's gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X