Festure Request: Client IP Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festure Request: Client IP Filter

I know this can be handled with a source transformer.. but it would be nice to have something in the source listener that allowed us to specify a client ip address list which is allowed to send/communicate. Connections outside the allowed list would be nacked.

For a internal network this would provide a simple and effective control to manage allowed endpoints and prevent misuse or misconfiguration (test sending to prod etc).

Rgds,

Glenn

Use a firewall. I know most systems out there that you can install Mirth Connect on also have provisions to be able to handle firewalls.

That being said, Mirth is fantastic at moving and transforming messages of various types. Let it continue to be great at that and use the right tool for the right job.

Firewalls can do MUCH more than just simple block/pass by the way, but per your question, this sounds suitable.

Jack

Comment

This could be a possible feature in the future... but I agree that what your describing is really a job for firewalls, not for the underlying applications. It's the same for web servers like Apache Tomcat... yes requests can be rejected based on client IP, but the fact still remains that clients from "bad" IPs can reach the server itself, indicating a possible attack vector. Instead a firewall should lay in between to block such traffic so that it can't even reach your production servers to begin with.
      Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
      Work: 949-237-6069
      Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
      - You just bar.

Comment

Working...
      X