Mirth Connect on Strawberry Pi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirth Connect on Strawberry Pi

Has anyone attempted to install and run Mirth Connect on Raspberry Pi? Thoughts?

Yeah, it should be easy to do even on a Pi Zero. All you need is the Oracle JRE, which I believe is already part of Raspbian by default. If you choose something else like Debian then it's easy there too, just apt-get it.

Then just extract the MC tar.gz and you should be good to go.
    Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
    Work: 949-237-6069
    Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
    - You just bar.

Comment

Mirth Connect on Raspberry Pi

Thanks. I thought that installing Mirth Connect on a Raspberry Pi would be feasible.

If anyone attempts this project, please post to this thread.

Thanks all. Stay Mirth-ful!

Comment

I have installed MC on a Raspberry Pi2 (Raspian-Wheezy), with minimal issues (mostly permission/security stuff, Linux is fun).

I had to download the icedtea plugin to get the Administrator to run. I wouldn't use it for any high volume channels, but it was an interesting project.

Comment

I just tried it on a Raspberry Pi Model B, but I couldn't get it to run due to it (maybe java) wanting an ARM7+ processor and the rPi only has an ARM6. Give me an excuse to buy a new Pi 2. Should be here tomorrow. =)

-= Jack Haines : Founder/CEO of Healthcare Integrations, LLC
          -= [email protected]
          -= Mirth Connect (Advanced)-certified
          -= Gold member of HL7.org
          -= Available for Mirth Connect channel development and consultation! Schedule a FREE call with me at https://calendly.com/jackhaines

Comment

Originally posted by SQLOwns View Post
            I have installed MC on a Raspberry Pi2 (Raspian-Wheezy), with minimal issues (mostly permission/security stuff, Linux is fun).

I had to download the icedtea plugin to get the Administrator to run. I wouldn't use it for any high volume channels, but it was an interesting project.
            I've never actually run the Administrator on a Pi, so thanks for that tip. I've always just run the Administrator on my local workstation, pointing it to the IP of the Pi.

Nicholas Rupley
            Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
            - You just bar.

Comment

Originally posted by jackwhaines View Post
              I just tried it on a Raspberry Pi Model B, but I couldn't get it to run due to it (maybe java) wanting an ARM7+ processor and the rPi only has an ARM6. Give me an excuse to buy a new Pi 2. Should be here tomorrow. =)
              If this Oracle documentation is correct, you should be able to install Java on ARM 6 or 7: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ads/index.html

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
              - You just bar.

Comment

Maybe I was using Java 8... Maybe I was just looking for an excuse to buy a Pi 2. =)

-= [email protected]m
                -= Available for Mirth Connect channel development and consultation! Schedule a FREE call with me at https://calendly.com/jackhaines

Comment

Originally posted by jackwhaines View Post
                  Maybe I was using Java 8... Maybe I was just looking for an excuse to buy a Pi 2. =)
                  Java 8 also has similar distributions: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ads/index.html

If you do get a Pi 2 and plan on putting Raspbian on it, I'd recommend Jessie at least! I'm using one to host a company dashboard, and Jessie is miles ahead of Wheezy with support of the latest versions of Chromium.

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
                  - You just bar.

Comment

Awesome! Mine should be here today, and Jessie was what I was going to use, but glad to know I made the right choice!

-= [email protected]

Comment

Mirth Connect 3.3.2 confirmed working on Raspberry Pi!

Raspberry Pi 2 w/ 1GB RAM
                      64GB Class 10 SD card
                      Raspbian (Jessie)

Basically, just did a normal (headless) install, apt update, apt upgrade, apt install oracle-java7-jdk, then downloaded the Installed with wget and ran it.

Perfect!

INFO (com.mirth.connect.server.Mirth:668): Running Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM 1.7.0_60 on Linux (4.1.17-v7+, arm), derby, with charset UTF-8.

-= [email protected]

Comment

Nice! One of these days I want to get my hands on a Pi Zero (without the 600% eBay markup) and try it out on there too.

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
                        - You just bar.

Comment

I was able to successfully install the Mirth Connect 3.8.1 server on a Rspberary Pi 3 Model B; I run the Mirth Connect Administrator from a laptop on the same network.

I found this YouTube video to be helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh_ZMJsQ77g

Comment

Working...
                          X