Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mirth Connect 3.3 Released!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mirth Connect 3.3 Released!

    Mirth Connect 3.3.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our downloads page.

    Some key features and benefits of 3.3 include:
    • Code Template Libraries – Code templates can now be organized into libraries, enabled for specific channels and JavaScript contexts, and can even be included with channel imports / exports! Tons of other enhancements too, like revision history support with the Channel History extension!

    • JSON Data Type – Automatically converts between JavaScript objects and JSON strings for you, and uses a JSON-specific structure in the transformer message tree.

    • Enhanced Polling Connector Settings – Create consistent channel schedules with on-the-hour polling settings, the ability to use specific days of the week or month, and active time ranges. You can even use cron expressions for maximum flexibility!

    • Advanced SFTP Settings – Use RSA public-key authentication, enable / disable host key signature validation, and set other advanced configuration options.


    Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes
    Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

    Nicholas Rupley
    Work: 949-237-6069
    Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.


    - How do I foo?
    - You just bar.

  • #2
    Hi,

    Is there a JSON serializer like the one for XML to get the whole HL7 message in JSON format?
    Last edited by fluancefg; 09-16-2015, 05:14 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by fluancefg View Post
      Hi,

      Is there a JSON serializer like the one for XML to get the whole HL7 message in JSON format?
      Not yet no, but that is definitely on our radar: MIRTH-2758

      Luckily it's not very difficult to convert HL7 v2.x to JSON, and even easier now with the JSON data type. Here's a previous thread that tackled that: www.mirthcorp.com/community/forums/showthread.php?t=12835
      Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

      Nicholas Rupley
      Work: 949-237-6069
      Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.


      - How do I foo?
      - You just bar.

      Comment


      • #4
        Are Code Template names still restricted to 40 chars only? (OK, I've just checked, finally it's fixed.)

        Also, channel maps created in Deploy Scripts, for example, are not visible in Destination Mappings box.
        Last edited by Shamil; 09-17-2015, 01:40 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          During our upgrade from 3.2 to 3.3, nearly half our production channels went down for no apparent reason. It took several hours of down time to uncover a number of issues that the upgrade caused. For all those considering upgrading, do so with caution, and do it at times when user activity is lowest.

          Comment


          • #6
            When importing Code Templates from 3.2.2 version, sometimes, suddenly, actual function content (code) goes under different template name. Thus, under the same library I have two different code template names with the same function (function name is the same). Description fields are also becoming similar.

            Update: If I select the code template name and hit Delete button, it goes away from the list, the next one is selected, but the function code stays the same, belonging to the deleted one, but now re-assigned to a new code template name. Thus, I can delete all code templates from the list one by one, the function never gets updated.
            Last edited by Shamil; 09-18-2015, 08:08 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bittelc View Post
              During our upgrade from 3.2 to 3.3, nearly half our production channels went down for no apparent reason. It took several hours of down time to uncover a number of issues that the upgrade caused. For all those considering upgrading, do so with caution, and do it at times when user activity is lowest.
              I know you already created a thread for the Moment.js issue, but what others did you encounter?
              Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

              Nicholas Rupley
              Work: 949-237-6069
              Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.


              - How do I foo?
              - You just bar.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Shamil View Post
                When importing Code Templates from 3.2.2 version, sometimes, suddenly, actual function content (code) goes under different template name. Thus, under the same library I have two different code template names with the same function (function name is the same). Description fields are also becoming similar.

                Update: If I select the code template name and hit Delete button, it goes away from the list, the next one is selected, but the function code stays the same, belonging to the deleted one, but now re-assigned to a new code template name. Thus, I can delete all code templates from the list one by one, the function never gets updated.
                Thanks for catching that; I've created an issue for it: MIRTH-3791
                Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

                Nicholas Rupley
                Work: 949-237-6069
                Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.


                - How do I foo?
                - You just bar.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Nick, you missed one more. When importing code templates (aka libraries now) sometimes code template is not populated. I've created three libraries in 3.3 and stored all of them to one file. Then I've installed another instance of 3.3 and imported this library file. In two libraries first code templates are wrong - in one case it's just empty, in another case it's taken from another code template (i.e., it's completely different function). The third library is OK. I don't know what 's wrong with the first two. Each library has about 2-10 code templates (aka functions).

                  Update: One Code Template got lost after all channels deployment and was replaced by the function from another Code Template. The difference between the two is that template names are similar in about first 30-35 characters, only the last word is different. Also, code template names contain ":" char left from 3.2.2. During import it was not deleted or replaced or warned otherwise. However, an attempt to edit the name in 3.3 causes the template name to be fully deleted.
                  Last edited by Shamil; 09-18-2015, 02:39 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Shamil View Post
                    Nick, you missed one more. When importing code templates (aka libraries now) sometimes code template is not populated. I've created three libraries in 3.3 and stored all of them to one file. Then I've installed another instance of 3.3 and imported this library file. In two libraries first code templates are wrong - in one case it's just empty, in another case it's taken from another code template (i.e., it's completely different function). The third library is OK. I don't know what 's wrong with the first two. Each library has about 2-10 code templates (aka functions).

                    Update: One Code Template got lost after all channels deployment and was replaced by the function from another Code Template. The difference between the two is that template names are similar in about first 30-35 characters, only the last word is different. Also, code template names contain ":" char left from 3.2.2. During import it was not deleted or replaced or warned otherwise. However, an attempt to edit the name in 3.3 causes the template name to be fully deleted.
                    I've created two issues for those: MIRTH-3792, MIRTH-3793.

                    For the importing issue, does it work correctly if you refresh before doing anything else? From what I can see, after importing libraries everything shows up correctly in the server and the database, it's just that the tree-table view in the Administrator can sometimes be incorrect. After importing if you always hit the Refresh task before doing anything else, is the issue solved for you?
                    Last edited by narupley; 09-23-2015, 02:21 PM.
                    Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

                    Nicholas Rupley
                    Work: 949-237-6069
                    Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.


                    - How do I foo?
                    - You just bar.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by narupley View Post
                      For the importing issue, does it work correctly if you refresh before doing anything else? From what I can see, after importing libraries everything shows up correctly in the server and the database, it's just that the tree-table view in the Administrator can sometimes be incorrect. After importing if you always hit the Refresh task before doing anything else, is the issue solved for you?
                      It seems to me that importing is physically assigns some/same functions to another code templates. It's not related to UI. Then, when channel's code performs, it tries to access the function which is not longer there. Obviously, the channel fails.

                      I'm deploying the same code to two different locations, so I may let you know how and when (if) this happens.
                      Last edited by Shamil; 09-21-2015, 08:53 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Shamil View Post
                        It seems to me that importing is physically assigns some/same functions to another code templates. It's not related to UI. Then, when channel's code performs, it tries to access the function which is not longer there. Obviously, the channel fails.

                        I'm deploying the same code to two different locations, so I may let you know how and when (if) this happens.
                        Let me know if you can compile a list of steps to reproduce that, because I'm not able to. I am able to get it to show up incorrectly in the tree-table occasionally (hence the issue I created). Are you sure that after you import the libraries, you first hit the Refresh task before doing anything else?
                        Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

                        Nicholas Rupley
                        Work: 949-237-6069
                        Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.


                        - How do I foo?
                        - You just bar.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think I was able reproduce the error. Here is the test Library (attached). Import, save, refresh, etc.

                          Now, collapse all, select second or third library and click Refresh. Expand all and check all functions. Most likely one of those in Library 2 or Library 3 is misplaced. Now collapse all again, Refresh, expand. Another function from second or third library is very likely misplaced again. Refreshing expanded libraries brings everything in order and does do anything. Refreshing collapsed Library 1 does not reproduce the error.

                          Now delete Library 3, save, refresh. Collapse all. Refresh first and second library. Open Library 1 and check that function 1 is misplaced. Try several times and see that function 1 is always wrong.

                          When there are 5 libraries with several functions in each I cannot understand the logic. It seems refreshing one library brakes all previous libraries if it's not the first one. In most cases, first function in the previous library is becoming wrong.
                          Last edited by Shamil; 05-01-2017, 02:44 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Shamil View Post
                            I think I was able reproduce the error. Here is the test Library (attached). Import, save, refresh, etc.

                            Now, collapse all, select second or third library and click Refresh. Expand all and check all functions. Most likely one of those in Library 2 or Library 3 is misplaced. Now collapse all again, Refresh, expand. Another function from second or third library is very likely misplaced again. Refreshing expanded libraries brings everything in order and does do anything. Refreshing collapsed Library 1 does not reproduce the error.

                            Now delete Library 3, save, refresh. Collapse all. Refresh first and second library. Open Library 1 and check that function 1 is misplaced. Try several times and see that function 1 is always wrong.

                            When there are 5 libraries with several functions in each I cannot understand the logic. It seems refreshing one library brakes all previous libraries if it's not the first one. In most cases, first function in the previous library is becoming wrong.
                            That looks to be the same issue as MIRTH-3792. If you'd like, checkout the latest code from SVN and verify the issue no longer occurs for you.
                            Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

                            Nicholas Rupley
                            Work: 949-237-6069
                            Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.


                            - How do I foo?
                            - You just bar.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              When to expect 3.3.1 release or 3.3.0 build with these changes?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X