No announcement yet.

Advanced Clustering plugin released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ended up removing and reinstalling the plugin on the two cloned machines and that fixed it. I also had to go in and change the server.ID

Comment

Originally posted by JTheune View Post
      I ended up removing and reinstalling the plugin on the two cloned machines and that fixed it. I also had to go in and change the server.ID
      Yes cloning machines is a bit problematic because each server instance needs a unique ID. So if you do clone, wipe out the "appdata/server.id" file and MC will generate a new server ID upon startup.
      Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
      Work: 949-237-6069
      Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
      - You just bar.

Comment

Hi We have implemented clustering in dev environment.
        How this works if the connector type is http receiver and one of the node fails???
        For both nodes IP address is different. How to handle this kind of situation?? Should we use a seperate Load balancer outside mirth?

Comment

Originally posted by shishirakram View Post
          Hi We have implemented clustering in dev environment.
          How this works if the connector type is http receiver and one of the node fails???
          For both nodes IP address is different. How to handle this kind of situation?? Should we use a seperate Load balancer outside mirth?
          The Mirth Appliance comes with a built-in load balancer that handles that. If you've deployed Connect on your own infrastructure, then yes generally you would stand up a load balancer in front of your cluster of MC nodes.
          Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
          Work: 949-237-6069
          Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
          - You just bar.

Comment

Testing clustering

Hi all,
            I'm currently testing a mirth cluster environnment with Advanced clustering plugin. I set 2 mirth nodes connected to a shared database, and a load balancing layer in frontend (HAProxy).

Still some testing to do, but this seems to work fine.

My question is : is there a way to perform a mirth upgrade (for example from 3.8.0 to 3.8.1) of the cluster without any service interruption ? As soon as a node is upgraded, i guess the DB schema is altered, so the other node cannot start without being upgraded also. So is there a way to perform the mirth upgrade with no service interruption ?

tx a lot !

Comment

Working...
            X