Javawriter DB query into local variables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javawriter DB query into local variables

I have a Javawriter connector that is running an Oracle query to pull back 2 fields from a table. How do I put those two values into a variable (channel map)?

I've tried the following:

var var_batch_count;
    var var_error_text;
    var local_batch_id = channelMap.get('temp_batch_id');

//Call CHIRP HL7 Function Part 1
    var temp_SQL = 'SELECT COUNT (se.batch_id) as var_batch_count, se.ERROR_TEXT as var_error_text FROM h33_hl7_send_error se WHERE se.batch_id = ' + local_batch_id + ' AND TRUNC (se.received) = TRUNC (SYSDATE - 1) AND se.message_type_received = ' + 'ACK' + ' AND se.is_error = ' + 'Y' + 'GROUP BY se.batch_id, se.ERROR_TEXT';
    var temppw = 'secret password';
    var dbConn = DatabaseConnectionFactory.createDatabaseConnection ('connection string data');

var result = dbConn.executeCachedQuery(temp_SQL);

var_batch_count = dbConn.executeCachedQuery(temp_SQL.var_batch_count);
    var_error_text = dbConn.executeCachedQuery(temp_SQL.var_error_text);

channelMap.put('temp_total_count',var_batch_count) ;
    channelMap.put('temp_error_count',var_error_text);

Originally posted by appsbyaaron View Post
    What is that code trying to accomplish? The executeCachedQuery method takes in a string (temp_SQL.var_batch_count will probably return undefined) and returns a CachedRowSet. From there you need to iterate through it just as you would a ResultSet, using next() and the various getter methods.
    Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
    Work: 949-237-6069
    Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
    - You just bar.

Comment

thanks Nick. I think the real issue here is the password to the server. it contains a '(' and I've had issues trying to get a valid connection to the database using this method. When I try to simply connect and end the connection it still fails the channel.

I even tried to split the select into 2 separate ones but it still won't work.

thanks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by appsbyaaron View Post
        thanks Nick. I think the real issue here is the password to the server. it contains a '(' and I've had issues trying to get a valid connection to the database using this method. When I try to simply connect and end the connection it still fails the channel.

I even tried to split the select into 2 separate ones but it still won't work.

thanks anyway.
        Whether or not the password is correct, the following code is incorrect:

Code:
        Can you post the full error you're seeing here?
        Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
        Work: 949-237-6069
        Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
        - You just bar.

Comment

Originally posted by narupley View Post
          The executeCachedQuery method takes in a string (temp_SQL.var_batch_count will probably return undefined) and returns a CachedRowSet. From there you need to iterate through it just as you would a ResultSet, using next() and the various getter methods.
          I suck at life. I'm getting the CachedRowSet but am having issues with the iteration. Do you have an example?

Comment

Nevermind! I GOT IT!! Thank you all!!

Comment

Working...
            X