building from source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• building from source

I have decided to build the source, but am running into a small barrier.

I am using eclipse and am trying to sort out how to inform my idea how to replace the ${basedir} string in the build.properties file with the empty string so that it can use my project as the base directory. It seems fine with replacing the strings in the build.xml file with those from the properties file, but I don't know how to fill the build.properties file values.

Hope someone can give me a hand

Fieran
    Fieran Mason-Blakley
    Standards Researcher
    Genologics Life Sciences

Re:building from source

Which version are you using ?

The last build.properties has no "basedir" parameter

For 1.7.1, basedir property is defined in the build.xml, and is the dir where the build is being execuiting.

Use the build.bat to compile and create the distro files.

Comment

Right now I am trying to build the client jar from trunk

platform details
      osX - eclipse - freedom to change my jvm version to whatever it needs to be

Post edited by: fmason, at: 12/14/2008 12:48
      Fieran Mason-Blakley
      Standards Researcher
      Genologics Life Sciences

Comment

the problem seems to be with the base directory field in the opening dialog box for "External Tools Configuration..." When I had this value set to the base directory in the eclipse way, the project didn't recognize how to fill the variables from the build.properties file, but when I left it blank it worked better. It still doesn't build error free from the get go, but I'll try and sort the rest of this out.

Fieran
        Fieran Mason-Blakley
        Standards Researcher
        Genologics Life Sciences

Comment

Building from source using trunk,

I get these errors. Can anyone tell me what is wrong? I presume that this is a configuration issue maybe a java version or something?

Fieran

[javac] /Users/jensweber/Documents/workspace/mirth-source/server/src/com/webreach/mirth/connectors/jdbc/xa/ConnectionWrapper.java:37: com.webreach.mirth.connectors.jdbc.xa.ConnectionWr apper is not abstract and does not override abstract method createStruct(java.lang.String,java.lang.Object[]) in java.sql.Connection
          [javac] public class ConnectionWrapper implements Connection
          [javac] ^
          [javac] /Users/jensweber/Documents/workspace/mirth-source/server/src/com/webreach/mirth/connectors/jdbc/xa/DataSourceWrapper.java:27: com.webreach.mirth.connectors.jdbc.xa.DataSourceWr apper is not abstract and does not override abstract method isWrapperFor(java.lang.Class<?>) in java.sql.Wrapper
          Fieran Mason-Blakley
          Standards Researcher
          Genologics Life Sciences

Comment

Yes, I think I have seen this when I try to compile using java 6. Try using java 5 instead.
            Daniel Svanstedt
            Software Engineer
            Mirth Corporation

Want professional services, support, and enterprise or virtual appliances? It's all available from the Mirth Corporation:
            Mirth Support | Mirth Training | Mirth Appliances | Online Training | Developer Q&A

Don't forget, Mirth Support gives you access to all of our online training videos, and silver support gives you access to developer Q&As!

Comment

same error with 1.5

spoke too soon - that is exactly the problem

Post edited by: fmason, at: 12/15/2008 17:24
              Fieran Mason-Blakley
              Standards Researcher
              Genologics Life Sciences

Comment

Probably you're using a 6.0 jvm. You have to use a 1.5 one.

Comment

You were correct, thanks again.
                  Fieran Mason-Blakley
                  Standards Researcher
                  Genologics Life Sciences

Comment

newbie building from source

I am a newbie attempting to build Mirth Connect 1.8.2 from source using Mac OS X 10.4.11, Eclipse 3.5 Galileo and Mac OS JVM 5.0_19 (Default).

Everything appears to be fine except for one error "The method isDefaultLut() is undefined for the type ImageProcessor" from source file DICOMUtil.java. Any ideas how I can resolve this?

Comment

try java 6
                      Daniel Svanstedt
                      Software Engineer
                      Mirth Corporation

Want professional services, support, and enterprise or virtual appliances? It's all available from the Mirth Corporation:
                      Mirth Support | Mirth Training | Mirth Appliances | Online Training | Developer Q&A

Don't forget, Mirth Support gives you access to all of our online training videos, and silver support gives you access to developer Q&As!

Comment

Re: newbie building from source

Got the same issue in java 6.

However, found a problem with my Eclipse project having two references to ij.jar in the library build path. ij.jar in the client extensions library doesn't support isDefaultLut() (i.e., in ImageProcessor class) while the second ij.jar in the server extensions library supports isDefaultLut().

I removed the build path reference to the ij.jar from the client extensions library in my Eclipse project and the server build succeeded.

Are there any implications with the 'fix' I did to my project?

This is just day one for me so I am really trying to learn whatever I can. Thanks.

Comment

I just install apache-ant, put it in my path, and use it to build.

Comment

@drosales

The problem of the isDefaultLut() method missing is that there are two ij.jar libraries in the classpath (you've added both with the procedure showed in the wiki).
                            To resolve that problem, I've removed the ij.jar library (the one in the client/lib/extensions/dicomviewer directory) from the buildpath; the next rebuilding then worked!

Comment

Working...
                            X