CCD with Mirth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCD with Mirth

Is it possible to import a CCD HL7 file using Mirth-connect? I need to parse and upload the data in to my application database. Please let me know if anyone has done it before and how to do it.
    I need to support all sections of CCD. It would be great if you could provide some sample channels.
    I tried using MDHT, but landing up in multiple errors.

TIA!

Yes, this is certainly possible. What specific issues are you having?

Comment

Recurring elements

I have used mirth connect with HL7 v2.
      Now I am trying to use to receive and parse CCD. And to generate new CCD from database.
      While parsing and creating CCD, I am not sure how to handle repeating segment/sections.

While parsing
      1. How should I validate incoming CCD
      2. Should I parse Header and other sections in separate channel or should I do it in a single channel?
      3. Segments/nodes in header or sections like medications, allergies can repeat. If I am parsing a CCD in Mirth by using a predefined template, not sure how I am going to handle these repeating segments. There can be variable n number of nodes segments in practical use.
      This applies to CCD creation also if we are using 'outbound template' feature of Mirth.

While generating CCD from DB
      1. Shall I use different channels to format different CCD sections?
      2. How do I handle heavy DB queries in Mirth.

Comment

Originally posted by Digvijay View Post
        I have used mirth connect with HL7 v2.
        Now I am trying to use to receive and parse CCD. And to generate new CCD from database.
        While parsing and creating CCD, I am not sure how to handle repeating segment/sections.

While parsing
        1. How should I validate incoming CCD
        2. Should I parse Header and other sections in separate channel or should I do it in a single channel?
        3. Segments/nodes in header or sections like medications, allergies can repeat. If I am parsing a CCD in Mirth by using a predefined template, not sure how I am going to handle these repeating segments. There can be variable n number of nodes segments in practical use.
        This applies to CCD creation also if we are using 'outbound template' feature of Mirth.

While generating CCD from DB
        1. Shall I use different channels to format different CCD sections?
        2. How do I handle heavy DB queries in Mirth.
        What I typically do is receive in the CCD and handle filters and transformers on the destination.

-First, if there are any items, that if missing from the CCD will cause your system to error on importing, setup a filter for those. Use loggers to itemize for easier review.

-Second, I would handle everything in a single channel, but use different transformer steps to keep it clean and separated for easier review.

-Third, looping is done just like it is for HL7 for repeating sections, except you are going through XML tags. See below, this is a quick transformer I had to do recently for a repeating section. In this case, the performer section is repeated.

PHP Code:
        for each(performer in msg['documentationOf']['serviceEvent']['performer'])
        {

performer['assignedEntity']['representedOrganization']['name'] = performer['assignedEntity']['representedOrganization']['name'].toString().replace('&''and'); 

-Fourth, You can use a single channel. This would probably be easier to keep things together and for future troubleshooting purposes.

-Fifth, just remember to close your queries once finished with them.

I'm sure others may have additional or different input, but this should get you started.

Comment

Thanks for you reply. This is definitely going to help.

Comment

Working...
          X