Mirth 1.7 / JBossAS 4.2.2 / JMS Writer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirth 1.7 / JBossAS 4.2.2 / JMS Writer

Just began working with the JMS Writer connector type, and the following exception is generated. There have been several other past posts that have mentioned this exception, and I am wondering whether JBossAS 4.2.2 is behind this problem. I read somewhere that Mirth is compatible with JBossAS 4.2.0, but I chose to deploy the newer version since it is the last stable release of the product prior to JBossAS 5.0.0, which is still in beta. If I do not hear from anyone, I will let you know the result after deploying with JBossAS 4.2.0. Please note that I am using Mirth 1.7 just released Monday.

2008-01-30 09:20:04,796 ERROR [com.webreach.mirth.connectors.jms.JmsConnector] Unable to create Jms connection
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: connectionFactory cannot be null
    at com.webreach.mirth.connectors.jms.Jms11Support.cre ateConnection(Jms11Support.java:66)
    at com.webreach.mirth.connectors.jms.JmsConnector.cre ateConnection(JmsConnector.java:208)
    at com.webreach.mirth.connectors.jms.JmsConnector.doC onnect(JmsConnector.java:219)
    at org.mule.providers.AbstractConnector.connect(Abstr actConnector.java:795)
    at org.mule.providers.SingleAttemptConnectionStrategy .doConnect(SingleAttemptConnectionStrategy.java:32 )
    at org.mule.providers.AbstractConnectionStrategy.conn ect(AbstractConnectionStrategy.java:67)
    at org.mule.providers.AbstractConnector.connect(Abstr actConnector.java:789)
    at org.mule.providers.SingleAttemptConnectionStrategy .doConnect(SingleAttemptConnectionStrategy.java:32 )
    at org.mule.providers.AbstractConnectionStrategy.conn ect(AbstractConnectionStrategy.java:67)
    at org.mule.providers.AbstractConnector.startConnecto r(AbstractConnector.java:251)
    at org.mule.MuleManager.startConnectors(MuleManager.j ava:767)
    at org.mule.MuleManager.start(MuleManager.java:728)
    at org.mule.config.builders.MuleXmlConfigurationBuild er.configure(MuleXmlConfigurationBuilder.java:207)
    at org.mule.config.builders.MuleXmlConfigurationBuild er.configure(MuleXmlConfigurationBuilder.java:194)
    at com.webreach.mirth.server.Mirth.startMule(Mirth.ja va:231)
    at com.webreach.mirth.server.Mirth.restartMule(Mirth. java:188)
    at com.webreach.mirth.server.Mirth.run(Mirth.java:118 )

Post edited by: egfesser, at: 01/30/2008 08:16

Re:Mirth 1.7 / JBossAS 4.2.2 / JMS Writer

Just noticed a message posted late Tuesday morning that Mirth 1.7 is in beta. When I upgraded from Mirth 1.6.1 early Tuesday morning, the release notes made no mention of its beta status, and instead indicated that it is a recommended upgrade.

Post edited by: egfesser, at: 01/30/2008 10:29

Comment

The exception is displayed as follows in Mirth Administrator as a Channel Message. My impression from previous posts was that this issue had been resolved in subsequent releases of Mirth. Based on these previous posts, I am hesitant to spend the time reverting back to prior versions of JBossAS, and it appears that versions prior to Mirth 1.6.1 are unavailable. Any point in the right direction is much appreciated!

ERROR-407: JMS Connector error
      ERROR MESSAGE: Jms Error
      java.lang.NullPointerException
      at com.webreach.mirth.connectors.jms.Jms11Support.cre ateSession(Jms11Support.java:74)
      at com.webreach.mirth.connectors.jms.JmsConnector.get Session(JmsConnector.java:283)
      at com.webreach.mirth.connectors.jms.JmsConnector.get Session(JmsConnector.java:464)
      at com.webreach.mirth.connectors.jms.JmsMessageDispat cher.dispatchMessage(JmsMessageDispatcher.java:104 )
      at com.webreach.mirth.connectors.jms.JmsMessageDispat cher.doSend(JmsMessageDispatcher.java:260)
      at org.mule.providers.AbstractMessageDispatcher.send( AbstractMessageDispatcher.java:166)
      at org.mule.impl.MuleSession.sendEvent(MuleSession.ja va:191)
      at org.mule.impl.MuleSession.sendEvent(MuleSession.ja va:130)
      at org.mule.routing.outbound.AbstractOutboundRouter.s end(AbstractOutboundRouter.java:85)
      at org.mule.routing.outbound.FilteringMulticastingRou ter.route(FilteringMulticastingRouter.java:89)
      at org.mule.routing.outbound.OutboundMessageRouter$1. doInTransaction(OutboundMessageRouter.java:78)
      at org.mule.transaction.TransactionTemplate.execute(T ransactionTemplate.java:48)
      at org.mule.routing.outbound.OutboundMessageRouter.ro ute(OutboundMessageRouter.java:82)
      at org.mule.impl.model.DefaultMuleProxy.onCall(Defaul tMuleProxy.java:247)
      at org.mule.impl.model.seda.SedaComponent.doSend(Seda Component.java:209)
      at org.mule.impl.model.AbstractComponent.sendEvent(Ab stractComponent.java:277)
      at org.mule.impl.MuleSession.sendEvent(MuleSession.ja va:201)
      at org.mule.routing.inbound.InboundMessageRouter.send (InboundMessageRouter.java:161)
      at org.mule.routing.inbound.InboundMessageRouter.rout e(InboundMessageRouter.java:128)
      at org.mule.providers.AbstractMessageReceiver$Default InternalMessageListener.onMessage(AbstractMessageR eceiver.java:493)
      at org.mule.providers.AbstractMessageReceiver.routeMe ssage(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:272)
      at org.mule.providers.AbstractMessageReceiver.routeMe ssage(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:231)
      at com.webreach.mirth.connectors.vm.VMMessageReceiver .getMessages(VMMessageReceiver.java:142)
      at org.mule.providers.TransactedPollingMessageReceive r.poll(TransactedPollingMessageReceiver.java:108)
      at org.mule.providers.PollingMessageReceiver.run(Poll ingMessageReceiver.java:118)
      at org.mule.impl.work.WorkerContext.run(WorkerContext .java:290)
      at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Thr eadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor. java:650)
      at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Thr eadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java :675)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Post edited by: egfesser, at: 01/30/2008 10:29

Comment

I can't help much with the JMS issue, but just wanted to let you know that 1.7 is an official release now and not beta. Hopefully one of the JMS experts will hop in and be able to help.
        Chris Lang

Comment

The JMS queue I created seems to be working. Upon subsequent JBossAS startups, the messages sent to the queue via Mirth continue to persist. The problem appears to be associated with Mule.

2008-02-01 10:21:50,187 INFO [org.mule.MuleManager] Server endpointUri is null, not registering Mule Admin agent
          2008-02-01 10:21:50,187 INFO [org.mule.util.queue.TransactionalQueueManager] Starting ResourceManager
          2008-02-01 10:21:50,187 DEBUG [org.mule.util.queue.FilePersistenceStrategy] Restore retrieved 0 objects
          2008-02-01 10:21:50,187 INFO [org.mule.util.queue.TransactionalQueueManager] Started ResourceManager
          2008-02-01 10:21:50,187 ERROR [com.webreach.mirth.connectors.jms.JmsConnector] Unable to create Jms connection
          java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: connectionFactory cannot be null
          at com.webreach.mirth.connectors.jms.Jms11Support.cre ateConnection(Jms11Support.java:66)
          at com.webreach.mirth.connectors.jms.JmsConnector.cre ateConnection(JmsConnector.java:208)
          at com.webreach.mirth.connectors.jms.JmsConnector.doC onnect(JmsConnector.java:219)
          at org.mule.providers.AbstractConnector.connect(Abstr actConnector.java:795)
          at org.mule.providers.AbstractConnector.connect(Abstr actConnector.java:789)
          at org.mule.providers.AbstractConnector.startConnecto r(AbstractConnector.java:251)
          at org.mule.MuleManager.startConnectors(MuleManager.j ava:767)
          at org.mule.MuleManager.start(MuleManager.java:728)
          at org.mule.config.builders.MuleXmlConfigurationBuild er.configure(MuleXmlConfigurationBuilder.java:207)
          at org.mule.config.builders.MuleXmlConfigurationBuild er.configure(MuleXmlConfigurationBuilder.java:194)
          at com.webreach.mirth.server.Mirth.startMule(Mirth.ja va:231)
          at com.webreach.mirth.server.Mirth.startup(Mirth.java :160)
          at com.webreach.mirth.server.Mirth.run(Mirth.java:110 )

Comment

MIRTH-760 has been opened.

Comment

MIRTH-760 has been opened.

Comment

This morning, I discovered that the JBossAS implementation for Mirth 1.7 uses Mule 1.2. The latest release of Mule is version 1.4.3. With the thought that this issue may be associated with Mule, I went ahead with an upgrade to the latest JAR of Mule, which led to upgrades of Safehaus Java UUID Generator, etc, only to find that Mirth 1.7 is dependent upon the org.mule.umo.manager.UMOServerEvent class that no longer exists in the latest version of Mule. So this effort led to a non-solution. Just thought I would let you all know about this in case you attempt something similar.

Comment

For anyone else having issues with 1.7, you might be interested in knowing that we went ahead and adopted the prior release, 1.6.1, with success.

Comment

If you are building Mirth from the source code the jms problems can be easily fixed. For reasons I cannot explain, the following code was commented out in the 1.7 release. If you remove the comments between/surrounding lines 188 and 198 (/* */) in the JmsConnector class in package com.webreach.mirth.connectors.jms and rebuild Mirth from source then jms endpoints will work as well as they did in the 1.6 release. Here is the code with the comments that need to be removed:

protected Connection createConnection() throws NamingException, JMSException, InitialisationException {
                    Connection connection = null;

/*if (connectionFactoryClass != null) {
                    try {
                    connectionFactory = (ConnectionFactory) Class.forName(connectionFactoryClass).newInstance( );
                    } catch (Exception e) {
                    logger.error(e);
                    }
                    }

if (connectionFactory == null) {
                    connectionFactory = createConnectionFactory();
                    }*/

Comment

These lines kept resetting the connection to ActiveMQ that we had on our JMS reader, and commenting them out made everything work smoothly. Unfortunately, we did not think about the writer at the time. This will be patched in 1.7.1.
                      Brendan Haverlock | Mirth Software Engineer | Mirth Corporation

Comment

I'm not sure why those lines were commented, but I've uncommented them and tested both the JMS reader and writer with ActiveMQ with no problems. This fix will be available in release 1.7.1.
                        Gerald Bortis | Chief Information Officer | Mirth Corporation

Comment

When can we expect a 1.7.1 release?

Thanks,

Justin

Comment

There is no scheduled date or time, but you can expect it very soon.

Post edited by: jacobb, at: 04/18/2008 10:42
                            Jacob Brauer
                            Director, Software Development
                            NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X