mcservice init script and signing jar files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcservice init script and signing jar files

Where in svn is the mcservice init script located? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I would like to add a bit of security by having it start the process as another user than root.

Also, and keep in mind I don't do java development, is it such a good idea to keep your private key for signing jar files in svn?

Thanks,
    -Erinn

Those would be located in the dbconf folder: http://www.mirthcorp.com/community/f.../dbconf?r=5377

Regarding the keystore, the one we provide with the open source distribution is loaded with just a self-signed cert. You can certainly swap that out with your own certificate if you wish.
    Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
    Work: 949-237-6069
    Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
    - You just bar.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. However, I am afraid I still don't understand/can't find it/or am not communicating this correctly.

In your rpm package you have a file which resides in /opt/mirthconnect/mcservice it is basically an init script for linux with chkconfig lines and the works. I can't find that in SVN, not a huge deal but makes it a bit easier to submit a patch back to you.

The closest I can find in SVN is an old deleted branch here: http://www.mirthcorp.com/community/f...c/init.d/mirth

-Erinn

Comment

Originally posted by erinn View Post
        Thanks for the reply. However, I am afraid I still don't understand/can't find it/or am not communicating this correctly.

In your rpm package you have a file which resides in /opt/mirthconnect/mcservice it is basically an init script for linux with chkconfig lines and the works. I can't find that in SVN, not a huge deal but makes it a bit easier to submit a patch back to you.

The closest I can find in SVN is an old deleted branch here: http://www.mirthcorp.com/community/f...c/init.d/mirth

-Erinn
        Ah I see. Those Linux-specific files are actually built as a part of our installer, which isn't part of the open source distribution unfortunately. That said, if you see a problem in the script being generated, feel free to open a JIRA issue for it!
        Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
        Work: 949-237-6069
        Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
        - You just bar.

Comment

Any change we can get the RPM spec file

I need to deploy a custom build of Mirth 3.0.3 to workaround an issue with the database writer but after building and deploying the patched JAR i get the exception

Code:
          Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: class "com.mirth.connect.connectors.jdbc.DatabaseDispatcher"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package
          telling me the JARs in the RPM were signed with a different certificate. I'd be happy to use my company's SSL cert but i'd need the spec file to build the RPM. if that's not available could someone please comment on how to properly build and deploy a custom build of mirth?

Comment

signer information of other classes in the same package

Hello Mirth Team,

I am having same issue ,

i got code from SVN , i had to made some changes in NCPDP plugin , if I create a build using Mirth's installation keystore.jks and place NCPDP plugins in Mirth's installation folder , i am getting below error .

"signer information of other classes in the same package"

Also if i verify signed JAR i see below waring "CertPath not validated: Path does not chain with any of the trust anchors] "

Do we have any work around for this .

Thanks in advance !!

Comment

Working...
            X